OCR00895 - Metal Gear Solid "Liquid Metal"

djpretzel

Ok, this starts off really well, with the tribal-ambient and the acoustic guitar/flute. Then comes in strings, and a whole lotta chill. I was kinda mislead by the title, though, I thought it would be like this and then turn into MONDO HELLA THRASH METAL. Oh well, it's a nice remix to be had anyways, it reminds me of some McVaffe tunes. Nice one, Vigilante.

Excellent job well done on this, the first of what I hope are many awesome remixes for you.

When I first listened to this remix, I thought I was about to start playing the game itself. I mean really, you captured the essence of the game in this mix. It felt like I was transported to Alaska out in the cold depths of the wilderness. The ambiance of this piece is absolutely awesome.

As for your mixing with the acoustic guitar and the backing tracks, I thought it was unbelievable. You totally blew me away with the way you played the acoustic throughout the piece and managed to keep it in time with the rest of your instruments. You really put some serious thought into this awesome remix, excellent job, excellent job!

Thank all of you for your input. I'm flattered that my first mix was met with such positive responses. Feel free to email me with any comments/criticisms, requests, whatever. I really do apreciate it. As for the future, I submitted something Megaman about 2 months ago, so keep an eye out in the coming weeks.

Thankful to DJP for creating such a great site

-Vig

Very nice, at first I thought it was decent, nothing more. Then I started scanning the forums and left it on loop. I swear I never knew the song ever started or ended. It was great, just leave this thing going and it grows on you. I could easily leave this on at night and sleep in an extra hour. I'm just afraid it will lose its luster after playing it so long! :D Lets hope not. It went from a 6 when I first heard it to a 10. I love this song, kudos.

A side note, (You will have to excuse me, I might be wrong on some of this, havent played the game in about 2ish years.) I thought it would be the main theme, as I enjoy that song over all of the other MGS tunes. But to my suprise it was the very (IMHO) "ok..." end theme. I personally disliked the end song (not the one with the choir). But if this is the end song then you sure did change my opinion ;) I simply love it now. (Once again, I might have the tunes mixed up, hell, I'm not sure the main theme is even the REAL main theme haha! Please, enlighten me.)

Man, this is just...perfect. It reminds me so much of old times when i used to sit an stare at Meryl doing situps in her knickers......what? lol jk. This is is one awesome remix, that i'm just gonna keep on repeat in my winamp playlist. Exclellent job, Vigilante!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm very encouraged by all the positive feedback i have recieved, and id like to again thank everyone that took the time to listen and review my song, and as always, comments/questions are always welcome at JTNights@attbi.com

I was bored so i thought i would make a few comments on the mix. I was a little suprised at the several comparisons made between "Liquid Metal" and new age music. I was mainly suprised because I have never listened to a new age song in my life. I think. at any rate I certainly wouldnt recognize new age music if i heard it. So no, there were no new-age influences going into the mix. Actually this particular mix (its the second one i've done, look for the first coming up this week or next) just kind of arranged itself. It took virtually no time at all, compared to my first mix. everything just flowed. It sounds strange, but if there was any musical influence on this mix, it would be Tom Waits. although they arent terribly similar, i'd reccomend that if you liked "liquid Metal," listen to "ruby's Arms." anyway, thats all i've got for now. Thanks again,

your feedback has convinced me to keep on mixing.

-Vig

• 3 weeks later...

This mix is very, very smooth. I have it on my mp3 player right now, it really gives the mood of the scene well. This is the "enclosure" theme, when Snake's just blasted Sniper Wolf's lungs out, and she gives this big rambling speech about the Kurds and sniping in general, if I'm not mistaken, and you've done it justice. I'd have to disagree with Kaijin, when the main MGS theme overlayed over the other theme, I just about pissed myself. Sorry for the ineloquence, but that is the best way to describe the feeling I got when it came in -- you orchestrated it perfectly. That guitar is definitely slick, well-done, and well-harmonized. Excellent job, Vigilante.

• 1 month later...

Vigilante.

I am simply amazed at the quality of this song of yours.

I just got this song a couple days ago from the remix.overclocked website.

The guitar in the beginning is fantastic, and the way you implemented the Metal Gear Solid theme is just perfect.

The way everything blends together throughout the song, I really like that. It makes it an easy listen-to track, as I can daze out while just thinking about varius things

(Although when I go and daze..it's usually when I should be doing my assignments from the college. Still deciding if this is a good or bad thing.)

I would like to know, would you be alright with the myself burning this song onto a CD to listen to? I'll soon be getting a computer with a CD burner, and I'm going to be making a few CDs to listen to, and I'd like this song to be one of the tracks.

On an unrelated note, what software did you use to make all this? I've heard of a couple programs, one being Rebirth, and another one being Fruityloops(?) that are supposed to be really good music creation programs. And, how much do they cost?

I would absolutely love to create music like this.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00895 - Metal Gear Solid "Liquid Metal"