OCR01670 - Radical Dreamers "The Scar-Sealing Girl"

djpretzel

Ahhh...I remember those days. I remember those mixes. And now that I've got this soundtrack, I'm tempted to download the fabled nine. I enjoy the light, fluffy electronica sound up until 1:40. It smoothes out from there, building up into a light melodia sound that I love, then breaks into a neat guitar sample (is that live??) at 2:45, then slips so smoothly into electronica again at 3:22, building itself up and then keeps the steady rhythem throughout, with a few retro sound effects here and there, sprinkled effectively. I enjoyed this remix very much, and the entire soundtrack is incredible. Awesome work, fellas (and to the female vocals inside. Breathtaking, ladies, breaktaking.)

Oh, and I adore that musicbox ending. Delightful.

Wow. Way to promote a project!

This has, in a very short time, become one of my favorite arrangements ever. Groovy, crisp production, interesting signal processing and general goodness.

I really like how well the percussion blends with eachother despite being completely different in character. The piano is beautiful too. The guitars works very well too, although I think I heard some clipping? Maybe it was my speakers (or an intentional artefact) though..

The part at 3.25 is simply amazing. Great textures, reminds me of The Knife and that's probably the best compliment you can get from me. Nice chopping there too. Ross Kmet is really setting out to be one of the most impressive sound manglers out there. Teaming up with Taucer was probably the best thing he could've done. They really complement eachother perfectly.

This is a beautiful arrangement in every sense of the word. Thank you.

First off, wow yeah, I remember that Radical Dreamers flood, it's when I first discovered the site actually... WAY LONG AGO... when I was spamming the site for Lufia mixes not knowing how to use a message board, fun times.

Onto this song: Great textures, I love the EP too, holy damn. I love EP RHODES SJKTLSTAJKLJGKA:GJKALFJg

Very nice... I like the bassline especially... Nice laid back groove, then the piano part is just pretty, love ballad-ie... I also like the ultra crisp drums with the ethnic percussion backing it.

The guitar is kind of abrupt to me when it first comes in, I would have probably liked the guitar to have a more subtle weave in with that piano (a couple measures before, like a low crescendo or something) but it's still nice so w/e. This is just nitpicking anyway.

The synth at around 3:40 and on is a nice changeup, especially when it gets all staccato... I actually laughed at that synth at around 4:10, but when the guitar came in under it all was well.

OVERALL VERY COOL MIX, LAID BACK AND NOT TRYING TO BE SOMETHING IT'S NOT... It's self-contained and pretty. The soundscape here is great, and it's not even made by anso HEHHEHEHEEEHEEEE - Oh yeah, and The Knife - Heartbeats, YUP

Cool.

well, i loved it. which is why i picked it to be released first. first mix to be started and finished for the project (darangen's was first to be done, but he started it before we did), first mix to be accepted at OCR for the project, first mix to be released.

my favorite part is when the guitar comes in after the keys. fantastic job, you two.

EDIT - forgot this is ross's first mix. what a fantastic way to get onto OCR =)

Fantastic! This has jumped to one of my favorite remixes in recent memory. The combination of different textures is just great. The stuttering synth effect is refreshing and catchy, and the excellent work on guitar and piano really "sealed" it for me (pun very much intended). Congrats, you guys! I'm listening to the project right now and I like what I hear.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is my favorite mix off of the Radical Dreamers project. I love the constantly-shifting textures and the slow burn that it has going. The synth programming is great, and anything with both rhodes *and* musicbox is a winner.

It seems that when I wasn't looking, the bass groove got improved too.

Nice work homies. I love it.

• 11 months later...

this mix is my all time favorite out of the album, its so dreamy like, (nostalgia kicking in), i have to agree with OA, everything in this mix is so well thought out, the instruments and arrangement just seem to compliment one another, everything fits sooo well, the piano solo was nice, very melodic, and when the guitar kicked in, instant win....

the musicbox at the end was really a good idea, wish there were more mixes with musicbox in them. 10 out of 10, its a must have

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

What an arrangement. Knocked out the park with this one.

The piano stuff is magnified brilliance. The guitar doesn't tesselate perfectly, sounding slightly ajar from where it needed to be, but it does add some really nice vibrancy to the already rich primordial orgy of tunage.

This is a melody that can sound pretty archaic if you aren't careful, but that doesn't even seem in the realm of possibility from listening to this. On top of that, contrary to slowing down the melody, this always seems to be the fastest 6 and half minutes ever.

Wouldn't be surprised if there were people fanatically obsessed with this mix, as I am not far from that myself.

• 1 year later...

One of my favorite songs on the site. I first heard it while listening to Radical Dreamers, because it was a Chrono series game, so I was expecting something good. Then I came to this song. WOW. I heard the amazing piano solo at 2:00, and thought then that it was good, but then IT ENDS WITH A MUSIC BOX SOLO! As a smooth song that still manages to stay upbeat, this is a great one for OCR.

• 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01670 - Radical Dreamers "The Scar-Sealing Girl"