Mario Kart 64 Ending theme

Sole Signal

I really enjoyed it. The entire thing is beautiful.

My only complaint is that the moving quarter note line of something electronic starting at 1:38ish(E, A, B, E, A, B...E, F#, etc.) Feels "Shaky" if you will. It doesn't feel as solid as I think it should be, almost like it has a small tremolo effect to it. At the end of the day, that's probably a style option more than anything and in the whole scope of things, is very minor.

All together, it's an awesome piece.

I loved listening to the beautiful melody of the ending theme when I beat Mario Kart 64 :D

Sounds pretty good so far, has a very epic and adventurous feel. Keep it up and it'll turn out great.

My only complaint is that the moving quarter note line of something electronic starting at 1:38ish(E, A, B, E, A, B...E, F#, etc.) Feels "Shaky" if you will. It doesn't feel as solid as I think it should be, almost like it has a small tremolo effect to it. At the end of the day, that's probably a style option more than anything and in the whole scope of things, is very minor.

Sounds like a stylistic thing to me. I really have no major gripes as well, so if this is all we have to complain about so far, you must be on the right track ;)

Ooh, this is nice. Excellent use of effects.

Piano, strings, and synths are spot-on. You have a lot going on, but it avoids being chaotic, and all the elements are distinctly audible, nothing gets drowned out. That's some very skillful arranging and mixing.

My only complaint is that the bass and percussion are a bit sparse, and do very little to enhance the song. Both could really use some filling out.

I look forward to hearing a completed version of this. It's beautiful so far.

I dont normally reply to topics like this...

I normally just download them and never mention it again lol...

But I just couldnt walk away without saying SOMETHING about this beautiful elgance that is this mix...

Simply amazing, cant stop listening to it!!

Even sent it to my girlfriend, and she loved it too!!

Really cant wait to hear the final piece!!

• 1 month later...

I've been meaning to post in the Requests forum for someone to do this theme. It's been on my "This needs to be ReMixed NOW" list for a while.

Looks like I can check it off the list now.

Seriously, this is awesome stuff. This theme was beautiful originally, and you've done a fantastic job capturing that wonderful feeling it had and making it your own. I thought it could've used an ending that's a bit longer, but seriously, it's still great as-is. This is going straight into my playlist.

:nicework:

This is freaking awesome! Very chill and ambient, yet feels very much like a MarioKart song. The only little quibble I have with it is that the drums kind of sound distant and some of the other pieces feel a bit too background-y even though they're supposed to be foreground-y. Not a big deal in the slightest; I'm just nitpicking. I definitely think this will get passed as-is and will probably be one of my favorite ReMixes for just lounging to.

• 1 month later...
forgive me if I don't know how to use the search function properly, but where can I listen to this? I can't find the link to the judges' decision thread anywhere, nor the remix itself.

Its in the first post.

It will take you to Audix's page on VG Mix. You can stream it, but I don't think you can download it yet.

• 3 weeks later...
Um...sorry to sound like a total n00b, but can someone please tell me how the f**k I actually listen to this? i can't find a link anywhere on that page you linked...

That's because it was already posted on OCR. Look on the front page and find it.