OCRA-0010 - Radical Dreamers: Thieves of Fate

MechaFone

Simply put, the quality on this album is the best of all the projects on OCR. It may not have the huge names, the glitz and glamor, or the epic proportions of some of the other projects, but it more than makes up for it in consistency. This is a beautiful compilation of tracks. More remix projects should be like this one. Small, tasteful, thoughtful, delightful. Great job, dudes.

Wow thanks man! :)

Simply put, the quality on this album is the best of all the projects on OCR. It may not have the huge names, the glitz and glamor, or the epic proportions of some of the other projects, but it more than makes up for it in consistency. This is a beautiful compilation of tracks. More remix projects should be like this one. Small, tasteful, thoughtful, delightful. Great job, dudes.

Thanks broski! Although usually I consider myself Big, Tasty, Thoughtless, and Delicious.

This is a fantastic project. No kiddin'. You've nailed several aspects of that intricate RD atmosphere in this music, and much of it is actually catchy! What this has over many of the other projects on this site is the consistency of style - this "emotional, generally downtempo but wide and atmospheric stuff with a rock edge" vibe comes from all the songs, and I think that's pretty crucial to making a more convincing "real" album. You guys have a pretty amazing piece of work here. Congrats to all!

My personal favorites are Days of Summer V2, Scar-Sealing Girl and Hallucinogenic. Those 3 need to all be submitted without question (I'm glad to see one has already been posted) - but I really enjoyed the whole set. This, along with Project Chaos and Rise of the Star, are definitely getting lots of listens by me.

Man what a great album. I didn't really know what to expect from this but after giving it a listen I'm glad I didn't waste any time downloading it. I really enjoyed the overall feel of the album and needless to say it has a permanent spot on my playlist. Great work to all those involved.

Awesome album! I'm really diggin' Scar-Sealing Girl.

I'll have to join the "not quite feelin' it" party over Sexy Boy, though. It sounds amazing and I love the execution, but it seems to be the odd-one-out in terms of lyrics.

BUT... it doesn't fit with the rest of the project. Not that stylistic changes are bad, but I think what hurts this one most is the lyrics. Your voice sounds great, but the lyrics are just silleh.

I've listened to this album a bunch of times now and I just can't get into it. It's not terrible or anything, and there are a lot of promising ideas for the songs here, but the execution is lacking for the most part.

'Sexy Boy' is one of the few songs that I feel like the ideas really came through. Fuses trip hop rhythms with intricate and developed electronica very effectively. The vocals here work very well. My other "favourite" is 'Days of Summer V2'. Great energy and sound, also a great choice for the opening track. The rest of the songs were just alright to me.

Not to single it out or anything, but I felt like 'Requiem for Another World' is the one track could've used a lot more work. The vocals here just don't work as well as they did in songs like 'Sexy Boy' and 'Thieves of Fate'. They're pretty jarring. The singing isn't that great either, the vocals are frequently off-key and there is a whole lot of unnecessary scooping in most of the larger interval jumps.

That aside, congrats on the project everybody.

So anyone figure out why darangen stold that song?

would you just shut up already? we're trying to get in contact with mike. he didn't steal the damned song. please just let us figure out what's going on before you blow your bullshit everywhere. it's really annoying. approach it like an adult, for goodness sake, rather than a vindictive child.

until further notice, mike (darangen's) track is being taken down to check on some issues. it might go back up, it might not. if you've got a question (other than WHATS GOING ON, we'll address that when we know for sure) please pm me. don't post questions about it in this thread.

This album is the best put-together group of tracks I've ever seen out of a fan arrangement -- ToF will be the first OCR album that I'm going to actually print the labels for instead of just burning it at my desktop. Thanks to everyone that's put time into making this happen, especially over your Christmas / MAGFest seasons, and thanks for the awesome New Year's present!

until further notice, mike (darangen's) track is being taken down to check on some issues. it might go back up, it might not. if you've got a question (other than WHATS GOING ON, we'll address that when we know for sure) please pm me. don't post questions about it in this thread.

Great project all around, my personal favorite yet. The vocal work on many of the tracks was exceptional. Also this motivated me to check out some of the source material; the interpretation was great. The spotlight on the remixers and thier backgrounds was a nice touch too....its interesting to learn more about the people behind the music. Well done.

Since I somewhat avoided the other project tracks (in order to experiance it at release myself as well), I'm ready to weigh in my opinions.

Overall, the vibe of the entire album really sets a nice tone. I've found it strange when OCR project don't have an overall theme, and ToF showed me the force of having such a connecting factor. Now, tracks.

Days of Summer V2 - LOVE the violin work on this, especially when it's throwing the countermelodies in. The guitar work is really nice too.

Theives of Fate - I'm jealous of DU's lyrics, what can I say. It's not fair! :) I will admit, with no offense to Proph, that I liked DU's voice better on this. I liked it when it was rougher, which Brad's polished voice obviously doesn't have. Regardless, still quite a good performance on all mixers parts.

Fury and Tears - Really, out of all OA's tracks (which I give him such kudos for picking up all the spares out there), this is the one I disliked the most. A tough song to work with, so I can't really blame him.

Starbright - Saxophone Octet. Amazing. Only gripe is the tuning that you couldn't fix because your computor got stolen. So I can't really gripe.

Lonliness - OA, again doing a nice job. This one really does feel like 'lonliness' with the opening of solo guitar. I was a fan of this track. I like when the track picks up, as well.

Sexy Boy - This one I really had not heard at all before release, and I was surprised by it. A good track, and really well-produced, but it felt a little out of place with the rest of the tracks.

Thrash's Snakebone Pit - I know how hard OA worked on this one, and I can really appreciate that. Really hard track to work with, and Andrew did a great job.

Scar Sealing Girl - Love the piano on this, and the overall vibe. I love chilling to this one.

Requiem for Another World - I could go on and on about this track, but I'll keep my thoughts on this short. The lyrics aren't really written to fit the track as well as they could. Regardless, I worked hard on this and am proud of what I have here. Perhaps someday I'll relook at it. LOVED working with Retlaf and Avaris on this!

Fuego Frio - Waltz fits this track so well. I was really pleasantly surprised by this one. Go accordian.

Hallucinogenic - A great atmospheric piece. Nothing more I can say about it. The whispering kinda creeps me out.

Confronto Finale - Love the driving feeling of this. It doesn't lose intensity, which I liked most about it. Maybe a little repetative.

Summer's Dream - DU, did I ever tell you I love solo marimba? Love this track.

Le Tressor Interdit - Really good saxwork on this, and I'm glad I got to be a small part of it. Eventually I'm going to record my own lyric interpretation to this song.

Overall I was really pleased with this album as a whole, and I think everyone did a great job on it.

Thieves of Fate - I'm jealous of DU's lyrics, what can I say. It's not fair! :) I will admit, with no offense to Proph, that I liked DU's voice better on this. I liked it when it was rougher, which Brad's polished voice obviously doesn't have. Regardless, still quite a good performance on all mixers parts.

DU sang on this before? Very interesting. Would've been cool if his voice remained in the final version as background vocals or something...

Regardless, I'm still listening to this track. Catchiest one in the album.

DU sang on this before? Very interesting. Would've been cool if his voice remained in the final version as background vocals or something...

Regardless, I'm still listening to this track. Catchiest one in the album.

I couldn't get my vocals to brad without getting a chunk of the instrumental track, and i couldn't get a rerecording of it to him in time, so he just finished it on his own.