OCRA-0010 - Radical Dreamers: Thieves of Fate

MechaFone

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Man...never played Radical Dreamers nor I'm familiar with its music. This project has so much soul it just turned me into an instant fan. I still have the Thieves of Fate track in the loop. Listening to it right now reminded me of how awesome this project is. It's truly one of the best vocal remixes of OCR in my opinion. Awesome singing by prophet, awesome acoustics by Taucer, awesome electric guitar by level 99. Surprised that it's never been submitted to OCR as a track.

i think we all want to revisit it ;)

I remember hearing from DragonAvenger that you're the original singer. Would be cool if you did backing vocals or interchanged certain verses with Prophet should you guys ever get back to remastering it. You've got a pretty cool voice...remember first hearing it from a DoD track (a remix of Sakura's theme, was it?).

• 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Listening to this album compared to most others on OCR gives me a different feeling because I've got no emotional attachment to this game. It was always that distant thing that I knew from the Internet was Chrono-adjacent but there was not really an easy way to play it back then. As a piece of OCR history it's interesting to hear what some folks who are still cranking out great tunes were doing back then - there are a bunch of names who put out bangers in either Chronopolis or the Chrono Trigger jazz album, and that's if I'm only talking Chrono stuff.

My absolute favorite bit in here, and one of my favorite stretches of music I've ever listened to on OCR, is starting about 1:53 on 08 - The Scar Sealing Girl, when all the other sounds peel away except for the piano, then at 2:20 it gives off a strong aura of the opening bars of "Let It Be," lingers on that just long enough to give a fuzzy feeling, and then the track moves on. Puts a smile on my face every time.