Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History

Usa

Oh wow, it's that easy? :-P I'll feel a lot more comfortable making it official once I sit down and get a WIP going, but thanks for the tentative hold!

EDIT: I just sat down for the last half-hour or so improvising... I think I've got a rough idea of where I'm going with Long Goodbye, though my chord writing needs some work. I'll try to hook you up with a recording tomorrow when the house is quieter :-P

EDIT AGAIN: I just finished a 3 minute recording to show you kiiiiinda what I'm going for. I'll have that PM'd to you soon. I recorded it with my digital camera so the quality is crappy and the entire thing was improvised (I hope to have a MIDI keyboard by the time crunch time hits for the project, so I'll have better recording quality and be able to fix the missed notes) but I wanted to get it up ASAP to show you I'm serious about this :-) You've been very inviting to me with the project and I want to reciprocate that by hauling ass to get this done for you :-P

Edited by Emunator

• 3 weeks later...

We're zombie-ing on, as usual. December is a month where ppl get eaten up by all kinds of things irl, such as deadlines, school, and family.

Guys, gals, I accept wips (and completed works, of course) as xmas presents. In return, you can get a spot on the project as my gift to you. ;)

Also, I'm considering setting deadlines for the project, as we barely make progress without them.

Once finals week is over I'll be able to put some significant time into writing. I've decided to turn my piece from a solo piano mix to a multi-instrumental piece with a flute and violin, so I'm gonna sit down with some friends and try and get a solid arrangement done :-P I might not have anything tangible to show for a little bit, but rest assured I'm working at it :-)

Also, if anyone plays piano or violin (I think I've got a flute player lined up but if we can't figure out a good recording setup I might need one of them too :-P ) and would be willing to volunteer their services once I get an arrangement up, let me know!

Edited by Emunator

I'm fairly new to remixing (haven't actually submitted a piece yet...), but I understand enough of music and FruityLoops to get by. Plus, I have an oboe and a decent soprano voice!

So, if you guys need someone else, I'd be happy to contribute my skills.

I'm fairly new to remixing (haven't actually submitted a piece yet...), but I understand enough of music and FruityLoops to get by. Plus, I have an oboe and a decent soprano voice!

So, if you guys need someone else, I'd be happy to contribute my skills.

if you want, you can take my Left-handed wolf track. I've run out of creative juice for that one, and I've already a completed track for this project :)

Well, as long as I get the track I'm fine either way.

I want a sample of what you can do before you're officially on the project, Meyichi, even if you're picking up where HoboKa ran out of juice. Doesn't have to be long or awesome as long as it's not terrible. :P

By the way, my version was technically "done" per se, just not to the perfect standard as Rozo wanted. So if it's okay, you can shove it in the extra-crap-that-won't-get-onto-OCR segment =p

So how's the project going guys? Out of the 60 tracks, how many have actually finished their tracks? Pretty generous deadline he's put I must say.. People got MONTHS and MONTHS to finish their tracks, it's very loose, so it should be no problem right?

Anyways, the tracks listed on the first page as available, are they still available? Just curious as we may consider doing one or some.

-Dan / The Dual Dragons

We have a nice set of tracks completed and a bunch more on the threshold of completion. Not saying we have enough tracks. Everybody, get your tracks in! :D

And yep, the listed tracks are still free to take. Take as many as you like. :D I want to hear an early wip tho, so I know what you're doing with the track and let you know what we think.

Hi there Rozovian, well, The Dual Dragons are kind of selfish in our ReMake methods, we'll just take a track we like and make it how we would like to hear it, and then send you it, if you like it you can put it on the project, if not we'll post it on our site. So it's a win win situation :D

Anyways, we'll think about what track to choose tomorrow or something.

Peace!

-Dan

• 3 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic