maniac mansion

bubble bobble

battletoads

double dragon 1,2,3

wizards and warriors 1,2,3

castlevania 1,2,3

excitebike

RC pro am

gauntlet (is fun if you have the multitap and 3 other friends)

ghosts n goblins

kickle cubical

and theres tons of others that i didnt even mention

Check page one again, duder ;-)

ahh.. nice list you have there

some more games that i remembered that aren't necessarily the obvious most popular ones:

Anticipation

Baseball Simulator 1.000

Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers

Gyrus

Golf

RC Pro Am

Blades of Steel

RBI Baseball

really.. we could probably list every NES game that wasn't really obscure and they could be considered classic. OLD SKOOL GAMING FO LIFE

- Legacy of the Wizard (find a walkthru and beat this game. you will feel gratification beyond your dreams)

Why did it take me five pages to find just one mention of this game?! Shame on the bunch of you.

I've never defined myself as an old school gamer, but I put more time into these games and SNES games even today.

Oh yeah, if you can, beat Legacy of the Wizard without a walkthrough. I did it... after over 10 years. The feeling of success afterwards is incredible though. Just take the tip that each crown/section is meant to be done by each character, once you follow that and get basic item and area recognition, you'll find it... possible.

Oh yeah, if you can, beat Legacy of the Wizard without a walkthrough. I did it... after over 10 years.

I wish I could say the same. I came damn close tho. Back before gamefaqs, or even .com's at all - the Nintendo Power years - many-a-nights I spent exploring this unique game. But I'm older now and I just don't have the patience to learn the old games anymore. I find more satisfaction in just beating them as fast or thoroughly as possible, with hint sheets ><. But hell, if you're not already tainted by todays A.D.D. video games, by all means, this is/was definitely a game to throw a nice chunk of your life into. :mrgreen:

Legacy of the Wizard is not a classic game. I love it. I remember my Dad renting it for me when my tonsils were ripped out, drooling on the floor with a gallon of ice cream wondering what the hell to do.

It's got cool music, it's weird, it's got that fun 'collect and explore' gameplay, but it is not a classic game. It is an oddball that you have to love.

I'm actually really surprised that this one was not mentioned. It may not be considered a very good game, but it definitely is a classic....

Anyone remember PaperBoy? I think that was one of the games that the nes came with for a while... Not sure though. I spent a decent amount of my life just playing that game, and never finishing it. Pretty hard game for me when I was 8 or so. I don't know if I will ever go back though.

Did you have to complete certain sections before others? I own Legacy, and remain thoroughly confused by it (though running around blind is a great time -- the platforming is solid, and the music rocks).

Yes you do. Just from memory.

Take the daughter and go fetch the gloves. That's like top level, very short, out of the giant fish made of blocks. Then go back for the Dad as you complete his section first. Or at least running off w/ the dad is what I would do instinctively. If you think of the labyrinth going off into 4 different sections from the dragon, one for each character(Dad, Mom, Daughter, and Family Pet. The son is a wuss and doesn't do any work until the end). I'm pretty sure the dad's to the left and up. Although you may also do the family pet's one at any time, and his is also likely completable by other characters(you can do a spike-walk) but remember that the crown bosses get progressively harder.

If you are persistent that should get you through the game. Each next step you should feel pretty confident in your characters block moving and mobility items.