Darth Vader and Yoda in Soul Calibur IV

Strike911

Whatever, I've taken much harder comments. I still stand by everything I said. I can fuck up anyone on the forums in Tekken Tag or 5, and in my oppinion button mashing doesnt work against a seasoned tekken pro. What kind of a reject can't handle a little sidestep action.

and yes, I believe that capcom's fighting games (within the last 10 years) are a god damn joke.

I hope you understood that when I said "capcom doesnt make fighting games anymore" I mean't that yes they do infact make games which people are duped into believing are fighting games because they have the street fighter logo on them but in reality, someone in japan maps out controls to a bunch of prerendered animations (case in point: any person with a big gun that flashes the entire screen or anyone who calls a jet on their radio to drop bombs on the arena) that were thrown together the day before, and puts a pretty background behind them. Guns dont belong in fighting games period.

* vs capcom is a bad game and the producers should be hung.

I can fuck up anyone on the forums in Tekken Tag or 5

UH OH INTERNET TOUGH GUY IN THE HOUSE.

I hope you understood that when I said "capcom doesnt make fighting games anymore" I mean't that yes they do infact make games which people are duped into believing are fighting games because they have the street fighter logo on them but in reality, someone in japan maps out controls to a bunch of prerendered animations (case in point: any person with a big gun that flashes the entire screen or anyone who calls a jet on their radio to drop bombs on the arena) that were thrown together the day before, and puts a pretty background behind them. Guns dont belong in fighting games period.

Did you only ever play Marvel vs Capcom or something? You didn't even mention Third Strike, which by and far was their finest SF game to date.

That you think Namco, known for terrible imbalances in their games, is better than Capcom invalidates most of your argument. They have far, faaaar more experience with fighting games, having released many titles over the past 20 years for a variety of series.

Namco has what, two? And they even fuck them up? Please.

I've never played Soul Calibur 3 so I don't know how fan-servicey it got, but could it really have been that bad? Soul Calibur 1 and 2 were excellent. I totally disagree with this whole Star Wars thing though. Soul Calibur is all about battling with ancient weapons not futuristic ones. Those two don't fit the setting at all.

. . . And nobody's gonna play Yoda while Vader is a choice. Hahaha. They should have made it somebody cooler like Han Solo. ^_^

Tell me that in five years when you and everyone else has a blu ray player and they are the primary media drives in your computers.

I will, since at that point there won't even be an argument for the nerds anymore so there is even less reason to care

A Star Wars fan I may be, but really, this doesn't make me all too excited. Maybe it's because they really don't fit the game well. Putting characters from a futuristic setting into a game clearly anything but just doesn't work for me. I'd rather see them in a game they can somewhat fit into. Oh, sure, Star Wars is "a long time ago" and there's always suspension of belief... but whatever. I'll play the game and use those characters, but it's not a huge deal for me.

... I hope the other characters weave some cortosis ore into their weapons, or else we'll just be watching them get sliced up. :roll:

And since when does vader have corduroy pants and sleeves? Time to get your character model designer some glasses or something.

Since, oh... the beginning? Yup.

*hands over some glasses* :<

Whatever, I've taken much harder comments. I still stand by everything I said. I can fuck up anyone on the forums in Tekken Tag or 5, and in my oppinion button mashing doesnt work against a seasoned tekken pro. What kind of a reject can't handle a little sidestep action.

and yes, I believe that capcom's fighting games (within the last 10 years) are a god damn joke.

* vs capcom is a bad game and the producers should be hung.

Hah, I love when people who know nothing about Marvel try to talk about it. It's not the best game out there, but it's certainly better than most fighting games people praise such as Third Strike and Soul Caliber. What I don't understand is that while you obviously are a 3d fighting game player and know nothing about 2d fighters, why is it that you feel the need to talk so much trash about them?

More on topic, my prediction is that Soul Caliber IV won't have a tourny scene, or will be at one Evo max without going back the next year due to lack of participates, much like DOA4.

• 2 months later...

I had wanted to create a new thread, but I figured I'd revive this old one with some more cool news.

The Eminence Symphony Orchestra, a Sydney-based orchestra that performs annual video game music concerts and works closely with composer Hitoshi Sakimoto will be recording portions of the Junichi Nakatsuru's Soul Calibur IV score.

We got a little news item and an interview with the president of Eminence, Hiroaki Yura, about the game.

http://www.music4games.net/News_Display.aspx?id=891

I'm really looking forward to this one. They're also recording Sakimoto's score for SEGA's Valkyria Profile, so you're going to be hearing a lot more from Eminence in the future.