How has OCR enhanced your life?

benprunty

If you are going to make fun of my accidents, and pretty much call me a dumbass, move it to another thread please.

So if you can't take criticism, people are not allowed to point it out? That sounds incredibly unreasonable. I've had my newbie days around here too where I've made stupid posts, but I never went "OH QUIT YOUR BITCHING AT MY STUPIDITY".

Plus I'm a moderator here now - from a moderator viewpoint, criticism is relevant to a thread too. If I did the very same thing, I'd have no right to complain about anyone calling out what I did and expect to be in the right.

To be honest, if it were not for OCReMix, I would probably not be half (or at least one third) the person I am now. OCReMix gave me some of the best music I've put on my mp3 player, which has influenced my life in a huge way. It also introduced me to a bunch of nice people who enjoy music as much as I do, and I know that I can always come to the forums for music help. Without OCReMix I probably would not even be making music right now because I would not know about Fruity Loops.

Thank you djpretzel!

Hey there's no reason to be so mean to me, I didn't say anything before this! I have feelings too you know.

It wasn't directed toward you at all.

OCR makes me happy, you know? It reminds me of FFT, and a couple years ago, when I was breaking out of my geek shell. So much stuff went on in my sophomore year, including joining this forum, which I thought OCR was so amazing to have a forum. When I listen to an OCR, I just want to freakin play a game, like FFT. I can't even explain... It just made me freakin happy.

OCR has really exposed me to the music beyond my favorite radio stations....it showed me genres that I never knew existed. Ultimately, it made me into a musician, literally starting from having no musical knowledge when I made my profile here nine months ago to where I am now.....and most important to me, it showed me the comraderie and brotherhood that can exist in online communities...Ive made a few very close friends off OCR. So in short, it made me a more talented and more experienced person.

Arranging game music here has given me the opportunity to use practices and clichés in my music that I would never have been allowed to show to my professors. All that did is serve to make me a better orchestrator and arranger, and all that did is serve to make me a better composer overall. Plus, the feedback is pretty good too.

I've always considered the two to be synonymous.

I've always considered nerds to be average people with interests and priorities devoted in the tech/gaming/learning fields. Geeks are similar but find difficulty in regular social interaction. Unsure and uncomfortable with themselves.

Basically, you can't pick a nerd out on the street, and when a geek brushes arms with someone else, they retract all body parts without emotion and shuffle off like a crab.