Chrono Trigger: Prophet's Guile out at the Compendium!

nightmare975

462thumb.png463thumb.png464thumb.png

Chrono Trigger: Prophet's Guile is a new ROM hack following Magus's turbulent experience in Zeal as he dons the guise of the Prophet, curries favor with the Queen, and prepares for his second attempt at exacting revenge on Lavos. It's full of graphical, level, sound, and design polishes and surprises, reflecting the cutting edge in Trigger hacking. About two or three regular Trigger chapters long, it's the first Chrono Trigger hack with a new story.

Download and read the story of development at

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Chron...%27s_Guile.html

banner1.jpg

It's already done.

And it's a romhack, and romhacks have been around for years.

Why do people always feel the need to bring up C&D crap? Just fucking play the game and enjoy it.

Someone didn't think my joke was very funny at all :<

And I don't know much about romhacking, actually. The last time I remember reading about that stuff is when I was trying to change the voice-overs on my Tales of Phantasia rom to english. I just assumed this was another form of fan art/fan-fiction. This led me to believe that Square-Enix would put an end to it if it ended up being awesome and worthwhile (like that other game.)

So freaking high quality that it made me start playing through Chrono Trigger again. Played all day and just killed Dalton's Golem in the first encounter. Oddly enough, the strategy I had to adopt for the Golem in Prophet's Guile helped me out in the original game...

I see that I am not the only one who restarted Chrono Trigger because of this.

Killing the golem in Prophet's Guile did give me a great strat too. I feel foolish not thinking of it before.

<3 my brotha

lets be ct playin niggas togetha

oh yeah i am SO black right now

People feel the need to bring it up, because it is something that concerns them.

I too felt hope that Square-peenix doas not find out about it. They tend to like to ruin good fan-made things.

They can't ruin it. It's already out. On the Internets. There's no stopping it now.

I mean seriously, tons of romhacks of Square-Enix games have been around for over 10 years, maybe 15. Translations, retranslations, hardtypes, easytypes, rewrites, gameplay-adjustments; if they didn't do anything about those, they're not going to do anything about this.

As DS said that ROM hacks have been around forever. I think ROM hacks are just too insignificant for Square Enix to care about. The scale and advertising and all that is just so much smaller than a real fan-remake. When you think about it, doing ANY kind of remake is not illegal if you don't advertise it and it's just for yourself. I wonder what would have happened if those 3D Chrono Trigger project guys had just kept it in the dark until it was completely finished and then, instead of making a big website about it, just spread it around from friend to friend.

What? Did you guys attack with an elemental spell, wait a few seconds, attack with a different elemental spell, wait a few seconds, repeat? Doing that doesn't even allow it to have a turn. ROFL.

(I haven't tried this Prophet's Guile yet so I don't know what you have to attack with yet.)

Considering I was alone, I just kept casting Fire 2 on the golem. It did moderate damage and was the spell that did the least damage to me when he did his copy ability. Add on Shell *forgot what it is really called in chrono trigger*, and he was no threat.

When I fought him in CT, I timed it so that I attacked with all three characters in a row. The first two would use their most powerful magic spells (which would be stronger than their physical attacks), and then the third character would attack with a physical strike. (I believe I used Marle and Lucca for the spells and I definitely used Crono for the physical attacks.) By doing it that way, the only attack the golem could use was that attack which would only take away half your remaining HP. As a result, it would do less and less damage each time, and you could heal yourself at your own leisure without any worry of dying. It was too easy.

Considering I was alone, I just kept casting Fire 2 on the golem. It did moderate damage and was the spell that did the least damage to me when he did his copy ability. Add on Shell *forgot what it is really called in chrono trigger*, and he was no threat.

Great minds think alike.

When I fought him in CT, I timed it so that I attacked with all three characters in a row. The first two would use their most powerful magic spells (which would be stronger than their physical attacks), and then the third character would attack with a physical strike. (I believe I used Marle and Lucca for the spells and I definitely used Crono for the physical attacks.) By doing it that way, the only attack the golem could use was that attack which would only take away half your remaining HP. As a result, it would do less and less damage each time, and you could heal yourself at your own leisure without any worry of dying. It was too easy.

That sounds like a pretty beautiful strategy, but I'm pretty sure that I've tried to kill him solely with physical attacks and he still killed me. Assuming my memory is correct, then why didn't the golem just stick with that 1/2 HP attack on me?