OCR01672 - F-Zero "The Freedom of Zero"

djpretzel

Thanks for the comments KogeJoe, but don’t you think it’s kind of weird to throw out a blanket statement about not liking when things are added to a song that weren’t in the original when you’re on a remix site!? If remixers only used what was in the original song, then we would all do super-conservative covers (a.k.a exact copies) and this would be a very boring place.

I actually agree with you 100% Harmony.. BUT i have realised what makes me like some remixes that have lyrics and what doesn't.

if a remix contains lyrics that are printed down on the exact (or almost exact) melody in a song - it sometimes sounds odd, because the melody itself is not a melody that is "singable" .. some melodies weren't just meant for a human voice .. this happens alot in videogame music .. there are a few tracks on this site i could use as an example but i don't want to flame anyone

this remix uses a perfect "singing" melody, i don't know if you wrote it or if it's in the game..however, in this case it doesn't matter .. because the melody is "singable"

that's what i think

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I think the vocals could have been brought up a little bit in the mix, but even as-is, this is a stellar track. Great vibe, excellent production, and some amazing character. The reverb applied to Melissa's voice is-spot on, and the arrangement was catchy and cool.

Transitions were amazing, the Mute City one especially was totally excellent. "Now approaching...Mute City.." *transition to theme* :-D

Highly recommended!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I love the amount of creativity that is bursting out of this. It's a big, tight bundle of ideas and odd-ends, and the real talent of the whole thing is that they were all brought together so consistently and convincingly. It's like a collage of fun and coolness, and my favourite thing is it isn't pretentious. It is so freaking easy to love this mix, because there is so much to love.

Had the vocals not been somewhat buried, I would have nothing to nitpick. Every quirk and concept attempted was a success, as far as I'm concerned, And by the end of it you don't get the sense you've just listened to a medley, but something much more inventive and seamless. This is top work.

• 1 year later...

This is, hands down, one of my favorite remixes on the site. I'd listened to it probably ten or more times before I even realized it was a medley! Guess I hadn't played F-Zero in a long time, but there it is. It just blends so well. In particular, the post-race music fits in there so well and the way it goes into Mute City at the end is perfect. Normally not a fan of adding vocals, but this wouldn't be right without them. Also, your gf as the announcer is perfect.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01672 - F-Zero "The Freedom of Zero"
  • 1 year later...