Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

Dyne

I didn't see this anywhere else, so if there is a thread, feel free to baleet this one.

Anyway, I was running a search for Final Fantasy VI, and stumbled upon a pre-release date on GameStop's web site for Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core. I figured I'd write a quick thread to see if anyone else has heard anything, and to kinda share my joy (now I need a PSP damn it).

Anyway, information from GameStop can be found here: GameStop Preorder for FF7: Crisis Core

In case that doesn't work, copypasta this: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=191285

Also, please note that some of the reviewers on the site are a bit...well...on crack.

I just want to find out what happened to Zack after they got to Nibelheim before the start of Final Fantasy VII.

I could be wrong, but I think Crisis Core focuses on the events in the years BEFORE Zack goes to Nibelheim with Cloud and Sephiroth.

Look for the FFVII: Last Order OVA if you want to see what happened after the Nibelheim incident.

I could be wrong, but I think Crisis Core focuses on the events in the years BEFORE Zack goes to Nibelheim with Cloud and Sephiroth.

Look for the FFVII: Last Order OVA if you want to see what happened after the Nibelheim incident.

The game starts before the Nibelheim incident and ends with Cloud heading to Midgar after Zack's death (i.e. the start of FF VII).

Yeah, those reviews are setting off my "this guy is a plant to seed positive reviews" sense. I would not be surprised that at least one of those three is a viral ad campaign worker.

And hopefully none of that is true since Famitsu and other Japanese magazines have already rated it close to the highest score.

I won't mind buying a PSP once it breaches the $100 mark.

Man, I've been recently listening to the soundtrack of Crisis Core. Fucking awesome. Was very surprised by the quality and diversity of the soundtrack since Dirge did not impress me musically. But this new dude, Mr. Ishimoto...wow, impressive debut, indeed. The live guitar work is especially AWEOSME. I read that he does all the playing himself.

There are a couple of arrangement to FFVII tunes in there. Nice stuff. But I'm WAY into the original tracks more.

Man, I've been recently listening to the soundtrack of Crisis Core. Fucking awesome. Was very surprised by the quality and diversity of the soundtrack since Dirge did not impress me musically. But this new dude, Mr. Ishimoto...wow, impressive debut, indeed. The live guitar work is especially AWEOSME. I read that he does all the playing himself.

There are a couple of arrangement to FFVII tunes in there. Nice stuff. But I'm WAY into the original tracks more.

I am just getting into it...it sounds pretty decent. Although, I wish they could have taken it easy on the few themes they have. I can only hear the same few notes over and over again (yes, even in different ways) before it starts to annoy me.

The World's Enemy and Fulfilled Desire are both awesome in my book and I am sure I have a few more to discover.

I am just getting into it...it sounds pretty decent. Although, I wish they could have taken it easy on the few themes they have. I can only hear the same few notes over and over again (yes, even in different ways) before it starts to annoy me.

The World's Enemy and Fulfilled Desire are both awesome in my book and I am sure I have a few more to discover.

Yeah, I know what you mean; the template-style composition. It's a love it/hate it style, but I personally love different takes on the same melody. Koji Kondo and Mr. Uematsu use this style occasionally. I'm currently SO addicted to "Wandering on a Sunny Afternoon", "Under the Apple Tree", and the arrangement to Areith's theme. Loving some of those aggressive, gritty guitar tracks too, like "The Face of Lost Pride" and "Last Order Crisis Mix".

Fulfilled Desire is a pretty cool arrangement of the original FF7 overworld theme. I like it. Same with that One-Winged Angel arrangement.