Audiosurf!

Haganegiri

Wow, I don't see any thread about this amazing game.

You select any song on your hard drive, and it creates a stage for you, and you collect colored blocks in turn with the beats.

http://www.audio-surf.com/ - Official Website, can explain better than I can.

Unfortunately, the Beta Weekend just ended, but some anonymous people have found ways to continue playing it...PM me if interested.

It certainly looks interesting, but I'm having a hard time from the YouTube video seeing the correspondence between the beats and the block collection... anyone else? Just me?

Definately a case of some songs better than others.

Techno/electronic songs have better block-beat correlation.

Most rock is kinda bad about block-beat correlation, although oddly enough Dragonforce - Through the Fire and the Flames is pretty decent :P

Also, stages rise/dip relating to the music.

That video doesn't do it justice, it was just one of the first ones I could find.

Artist whose music make awesome stages: Kanye West, BT, Red Hot Chilli Peppers (their newer stuff moreso).

Also Voices of the Lifesteam is pretty trippy experience.

I just tried it out.

Like others in this thread have pointed out, the timing of the blocks didn't always correspond with the music. There were certain sections of songs that I tried that lined up significantly better than what's shown in the youtube video. At times, it was like the in-game sound effects were like an extra percussion track, but it usually it only lasted for a few seconds at a time.

It did a fairly good job determining the movement of the 'road', though. I tried this remix, and when I hit the section at 3:40, it was like a frickin' roller coaster.

I played this for about 4 hours yeasterday. To me, the best tracks are really long anthemic trance. Lots of variety, and its easy enough to keep up. For pure points, nothing beats fast rock though. Think like 1 solid minute of red blocks.

You really don't know how fun it is until you play it.

I played this for about 4 hours yeasterday. To me, the best tracks are really long anthemic trance. Lots of variety, and its easy enough to keep up. For pure points, nothing beats fast rock though. Think like 1 solid minute of red blocks.

You really don't know how fun it is until you play it.

I wonder what'll happen if I try to play it using my mixes hahaha.

• 5 weeks later...

This game is pretty awesome and fun. No, the block correlation isn't perfect, but it does exactly what I always wanted Frequency/Amplitude to do, which is allow the play of your own music.

Which, might I add, lends a very potent dimension of gameplay almost tailor-made for THIS VERY SITE.

I mean, we can have high-score tabs for each OCRemix! I actually played Planetskill's Oil and Water mix, and there were already another two scores on the board for that song!

THAT prospect is more exciting to me than the game itself.

This game is pretty awesome and fun. No, the block correlation isn't perfect, but it does exactly what I always wanted Frequency/Amplitude to do, which is allow the play of your own music.

Which, might I add, lends a very potent dimension of gameplay almost tailor-made for THIS VERY SITE.

I mean, we can have high-score tabs for each OCRemix! I actually played Planetskill's Oil and Water mix, and there were already another two scores on the board for that song!

THAT prospect is more exciting to me than the game itself.

Try playing the FF7 voices in the lifestream tracks. Specifically the battle music tracks. There are two of them which has 7 people with scores in it, I am in as LuisX.net