Haganegiri

Tool - Ticks & Leeches, Vicarious

Porcupine Tree - The Sound of Muzak

Venetian Snares - Szamar Madar

London Elektricity - Hanging Rock, I Don't Understand, Remember the Future

Pendulum - Sounds of Life

High Contrast - Twilight's Last Gleaming

Nu:Tone - System

Most drum & bass tracks are a steady downward slope. Prog rock/metal gives lots of sharp ups and downs. Freakin' amazing stuff! :D Love this game XD

Also, I'm totally gonna try one of your mixes, G-T! XD

For anyone having troubles using the scoreboard, it seems to be a problem when your screenname has non-alphanumeric characters in it. My old name was Pump-Actin' Tinactin so it never let me put scores. My new name is Flylighter and it works just fine :)

That being said, you guys gotta beat some of my VotL scores now!

I'm commin' for ya!

QuestViewer2008-02-2218-19-59-32.jpg

Man that has to have been one of the best races I've done yet. The guy below me must have missed only one or two colored blocks than I did because I can count on one hand how many I missed. Oh, and you can't see it but Flylighter's at the top on the elite score board.

I'm commin' for ya!

Oh, and you can't see it but Flylighter's at the top on the elite score board.

I'm Flylighter : ) You can tell from my screenshot on page 4 of the thread.

I -believe- I have tops for the first three VotL albums, I'm going for four tonight! I know my scores are beatable though, because I can't even place on the scoreboards for the songs that came with the game!

EDIT: All four albums down in elite mode! I've set 'em up... now you guys knock 'em down!!! :)

Secret of Mana - Thicket OC ReMix was the first song I played. It blows my mind. I almost just wanna download Fraps so I can show you guys how cool it is, and how amazingly well synched to the music.

Yeah it's pretty amazing, isn't it? When the beta was out, I tried it with Thicket and was totally diggin' it.

I'm Flylighter : ) You can tell from my screenshot on page 4 of the thread.

I -believe- I have tops for the first three VotL albums, I'm going for four tonight! I know my scores are beatable though, because I can't even place on the scoreboards for the songs that came with the game!

EDIT: All four albums down in elite mode! I've set 'em up... now you guys knock 'em down!!! :)

BTW my hat's off to ya if you ever manage to stealth Full Frontal Assault in iron/elite mode. I tried it and from where I sit you have to be a friggin' robot to pull that off and even then I'm not so sure. I did however manage to beat my own record in iron/pro mode. And what's better is I got it on video! You'll have to forgive the audio because I had to edit the music back in in windows movie maker because the recording sounded like crap. Stupid Realtek drivers.

I'm sure someone could beat that record if they manage to get the two or three blocks I missed. Well not counting the last three but if you grab those you don't get the clean medal. To be honest I wasn't sure I could stealth that one again but I somehow pulled it off.

Starting today, Remod will be hosting weekly challenges in Audiosurf. The basic premise is that some of us will be posting songs for everyone to play. We'll also determine a mode of the week. Highest combined score wins for the week. Check out the link in my sig. It oughta be fun.

If you'd rather not join us I suppose we could start it here, too.

This week: Ninja Mono (tends to be the most popular...I personally don't prefer it)

My song:

SoundTeMP - Supercooled Girl

If you don't want to adhere to the mode/challenge, that's just fine. This is mostly my attempt at making it easier for us to play the same songs and give that sense of playing a game with other people. I know the community size is much larger here so don't everyone go posting songs but maybe a select few and then each week's top five will determine the next week's selection. And the mode will just rotate through all of the elite settings. But for the non-elite just play the pro or casual variants.

I couldn't register at remod, so I'm just gonna post it here.

supcoolgirlwq8.th.jpg

I screenshotted the score with Ninja Mono because now I have to use some other ship to try to blast that other guy's score! Means my NM score will disappear.

It should certainly be beatable... I did it in Ironmode (no fins) so I missed some blocks here and there!

I'm personally against Ironmode, but whatever floats your boat. I like the simplistic play. No abilities, just riding.

Edit: FYI - at remod we've barred ironmode cause we don't want to get too (for lack of a better word) faggoty with high score mongering. We just want fun. Do not reply to this comment. I'm just saying it, not trying to start something.

I'm personally against Ironmode, but whatever floats your boat. I like the simplistic play. No abilities, just riding.

Edit: FYI - at remod we've barred ironmode cause we don't want to get too (for lack of a better word) faggoty with high score mongering. We just want fun. Do not reply to this comment. I'm just saying it, not trying to start something.

I thought score mongering was the whole idea! Hey, it's your tourny.

Well here's the deal, I did it again in non-ironmode. Here's the score I got (I still can't register at remod for whatever reason):

supcoolgirlyei3.th.jpg

The problem is, I have no way of proving it wasn't done in Ironmode :(! Since I beat the scores with another ship, I can't screenshot the bonuses I got to show that there's no ironmode there.

It's your call, I suppose!

If you screenshot it with your cursor highlighted over your name it shows you whether or not you did it on ironmode. check out the screenshot i made. It shows the bonuses and everything...but if I did it on ironmode it would put ironmode in with the other bonuses.

Yeah, but you can only do it for your highest score. The competition was with Ninja Mono and I screenshotted the score, but I have a higher score with a different ship that isn't for the competition : )

Either way, if it ended up being a big deal I can just compete next week!

supcoolgirlyei3.th.jpg

I believe you with the ironmode thing. S'ok. At remod we changed it to any elite mode allowed. You may want to recheck the standings for this song, however. ^_^ Feel free to get #1 again, but I refuse to use Ironmode. Btw, can Ironmode alone help you top my score? What's the general gain in points? If it's over 50k that's just unfair.