Stripping vocals from music

Reaif

I have a song and I really need to strip the vocals out of it, so that my wife can perform it. I know that there are versions of songs out there that have vocals removed. So really what I am asking for is 1. Is there a piece of software that removes vocals? or 2. Is there a general place where I might find said song which already has vocals removed? (AKA minus track)

The song I am looking for is from Mozart's The Magic Flute and more specifically, the 2nd Queen of the Night aria. German names are Die Zauberflöte (The Magic Flute) and Der Holle Rache

I know this is not really OCR related, but it's the only place I could think of to get this kind of information.

In the way of software, we've been through this. There's no easy way to do it. But there's a well-known trick that may get you something:

1. Open up your track in an editor

2. Split the stero track into two mono tracks

3. Invert the signal on one of them

4. Play it back and listen. Depending on the song, it may sound mostly the same to vastly different. But hopefully the vocals will be gone. Usually the vocals are recorded equally in both halves, so inverting one will usually take them out almost entirely.

I don't know of any site where you can easily download tracks without vocals though.

Hey thanks for the info. As for the sound editing software solution, that might just do it for me. As for the location where things can be downloaded, that's not exactly what I was refering to, but it would work. I was really just wondering if there was even a place where minus tracks can be purchased. Like some kind of theater store that sold things like that for productions. Of course, things like that might require a special liscence to purchase and so on and so forth with problems that oculd arise.

As for getting back to the subject, I will try what you suggested.

Hey thanks everyone. It looks like purchasing it will probably give the best result even if the other stuff is free.

All y'all's may be interested on knowing perhaps why I want this. My wife and I are going to Anime Oasis this year and she was planning on performing this in full out opera. She has a nice little skit planned out before hand so that it makes sense why she is even singing it in the first place. Anyway, the videos of the masquerade (sp?) will probably be all over youtube anyway so, if you're interested, look it up... when the time comes.