ALBUM PROJECT: Contra 4

SnappleMan

I'm helping Snapple out with this project, we were both talking about doing remixes from Contra 4 and he just said "fuck lets just do a project".

I had done a remix last month of the Alien Hive and Heart Battle, they'll be part of the project and I imagine they helped kick things off. I'll be doing another track in the future.

http://dod.vgmix.com/past/jan08/03-DanimalCannon+ChrisDlugosz-Contra4-Attack-DoD.mp3

I think one of the reasons that the project shouldn't be an OCR project exclusively is because the tracks are ALREADY immaculately arranged as songs. If someone just did a rearrangement with live instruments with some minor additions that would be fine. You don't need to get all interpretive with these seeing as how you'll have a hard enough time just not leaving out important parts in the first place.

Yeah, you can have your own interpretation, but we're not looking for "songs inspired by contra 4". We're looking for badass covers. In my track I took some liberties, not until after I covered all the bases first. Even then, I didn't feel the need to expound very far on that.

Contra 4 is a horrible game with horrible music and virt is a horrible composer and you are a horrible person who does not deserve any money or happiness in life.

Good luck.

Ha HA! I'm not falling for this again >:3. Good luck to everyone who's involved. I'd love to see how this turns out :-)

I think one of the reasons that the project shouldn't be an OCR project exclusively is because the tracks are ALREADY immaculately arranged as songs. If someone just did a rearrangement with live instruments with some minor additions that would be fine. You don't need to get all interpretive with these seeing as how you'll have a hard enough time just not leaving out important parts in the first place.

Yeah, you can have your own interpretation, but we're not looking for "songs inspired by contra 4". We're looking for badass covers. In my track I took some liberties, not until after I covered all the bases first. Even then, I didn't feel the need to expound very far on that.

OCR projects don't have to adhere to the primary OCR guidelines and standards, though. That is up to the project leader. The majority of projects have a solid number of tracks that would not actually make it to the site, were they submitted. If you're just talking covers with solos, that is acceptable... besides, it's not like you can't have a pretty conservative arrangement while still meeting OCR standards - look at any of housethegrate or goat's stuff posted to the site, for example.

The only stipulation is that we (obviously) can't do a debut mix actually posted to the site, since those still have to meet the standards. However, I would think at least ONE on this project would.

Contra 4 is a horrible game with horrible music and virt is a horrible composer and you are a horrible person who does not deserve any money or happiness in life.

Good luck.

I'm pretty much gonna have to go with DarkeSword on this one, but as least SnappleMan gets an A++ in Pole Jockin' 101.

Also: With all this talk about "all inclusive", I find it kind of humorous that most people could give a FUCK about the only TRUELY "all inclusive" sites as far as coverage of the community. (VGFrequency & ThaSauce)

Ok... Here's the thing.

I have no experience in remixing music, but I have over 7 years experience of Percussion. I have no music recording equipment/programs except for a couple Keyboards, A Low quality Mic, and the app: Audacity. I could buy a program if I was told where to find it(possibly FL), and I would also be looking for a Rock sort've midis or sounds. I can get access to a Drum Set and some Guitars but I only know how to play the Drums.

I would very much like to participate in the project... perferably with the song "Tunnel Boss" since it is small, still available, fairly simple to find out the notes/chords and that I can bassically hear the Live Drums in my head while I listen. I can feel the guitars strumming but I'd either need to make the guitars on a program or by finding some to play it live.

Now. If you think that I probably won't be able to complete the song in time for your scheduled release, or that I might not be capable of completing the song at all, then go ahead and tell me. I am trying to get into the remixing scene so that I can get experience enough to properly Remix some of my personal favorites vgm and other songs for other projects and such.

Thanks for any input.

I am trying to get into the remixing scene so that I can get experience enough to properly Remix some of my personal favorites vgm and other songs for other projects and such.

I'm gonna second guess snapple by saying this is not the project for "getting into the scene". This is a no nonsense make a remix in 3 days or be slain type project by the sounds of it. You've come to the right place, just not the right project.

Lots of words

To you, and actually any other people participating, I'll say I'll be more than happy to lay down guitars and other collabish stuff. My demo for Harbor got rejected for being too liberal (THOUGH AWESOME!) so my arrangement style is a bit too out there for this project, but I'm still up for collabs. I'm pretty good at guitar (decent recording setup as well), and have some serious sequencing chops when it comes to drums and synth solos ;)

So anyone who needs me, PM me.

I'm gonna second guess snapple by saying this is not the project for "getting into the scene". This is a no nonsense make a remix in 3 days or be slain type project by the sounds of it. You've come to the right place, just not the right project.

Lol. Thx for the input. I kinda figured as much...

hmm...I still might give it a try though... I'm gonna look around and see if I can find a good recording studio for the live drums(I much perfer live than synth). If I can't come up with anything, I'll probably just drop out.

Also... a good newb-program for remixing would be?(FL, other?)

Sorry that I'm so stuborn...:tomatoface:

To you, and actually any other people participating, I'll say I'll be more than happy to lay down guitars and other collabish stuff. My demo for Harbor got rejected for being too liberal (THOUGH AWESOME!) so my arrangement style is a bit too out there for this project, but I'm still up for collabs. I'm pretty good at guitar (decent recording setup as well), and have some serious sequencing chops when it comes to drums and synth solos ;)

So anyone who needs me, PM me.

For Free? cuz I'm just a poor little college student.

For Free? cuz I'm just a poor little college student.

If I was able to make money with my musical skills, I sure as hell wouldn't be whoring myself out on here :P. Yes, I collaborate for free, so if you think you can come up with a good arrangement I'd be happy to do the lion's share of the production, recording and the sequencing.

Really glad to see Dan & Chris's "Let's Attack Aggressively" from the recent DoD on this project. Hopefully no one falters on this, because I'd love to see it get finished. "Let's Attack Aggressively" is practically a built-in album title.

Given a certain quality level, there's no reason I can think of that any arrangement project wouldn't be approved here. When "Dirge for the Follin" eventually wraps up, that's an example of a broader community project hosted here, involving DoD and Remix.Kwed.Org regulars as well as some OC ReMix people.

As for this project being hosted on OCR, it's too early to suggest anything like that, and that's ultimately up to Andy as the director. I'd think Jake would eventually host it at something like contra4.vgmix.com, to help pimp his work on the soundtrack. That would be the best idea to me, since it's Jake's baby here. Jake could talk about his thoughts on the creation of the soundtrack, then possibly do something like comments on the strengths of each arrangement. I know Jake thought it would be cool to get a professional release of the soundtrack; once more songs get done, why not angle for something involving the arrangements here? That might get Konami to consider something if they didn't have to do too much legwork.

All that said, any of the more interpretive arrangements within the format here, I'd definitely love to see submitted to OCR. I'm actually a big fan of when really recent games get good coverage; I actually love hearing artists take a new idea and quickly putting a spin on it that's just as good as the new soundtrack, so having games like Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3 represented here already has been great. Hopefully we'll see Contra 4 added to that list this year. Still waiting for a Shantae mix though...

So far we got 2 songs done. 2 more songs at 50% completion, and I got many demos coming in. The final project lineup will be set by Saturday, January 27th.

That's the latest I'll accept any demos.

I'll have something done by then. Do you accept any kind of electronic music or is guitar and real drums a must? :/

Though I WILL eventually have sixto rocking out but it's not all progressive metal stuff.

anyway, soon. soon.

I'll have something done by then. Do you accept any kind of electronic music or is guitar and real drums a must? :/

Though I WILL eventually have sixto rocking out but it's not all progressive metal stuff.

anyway, soon. soon.

Anything and everything goes. Just be sure you pay attention to the guidelines I posted.