My website: Impressions please?

Sole Signal

So I just got interviewed for a local paper because of

and am soon expecting a lot of traffic on my site. I'd appreciate it if anyone here could visit my site, browse around and see if anything is confusing or cluttered looking. For example, after clicking on the "Audix music" tab, is it quickly noticable that there are links that then pop up on the left for navigation?

Another example: on my "Remixes" page, I've got the all-in-one media player on the left, with descriptions of the tracks on the right. The design of the page probably chops 25-30% of useful space off, though; it looks okay on my 19 in. screen, but perhaps it's a little too busy looking on a small monitor?

I was really needing to get around to updating my site with new music clips and everything, and looks like this is going to be the thing forcing me to finally do it. :P

LINK: www.audixmusic.com

Thanks!

Here's my opinion: (I'm a website designer so take this opinion as just that, from a website designer.)

Not bad. Not too cluttered and pretty easy to use. A little hard on the eyes though. (speaking about color contrasts)

Graphically and design-wise, it's clear and concise, albeit slightly plain also font choices could have been better. More specifically, your page titles, link names, and banner could definitely benefit from a more interesting/appropriate font. (Check out http://www.dafont.com ) Text boxes/content containers could look better as well, it seems it's all just plain white lines so it looks a little boring in the middle, which is a shame because I generally like the backgrounds you chose.

Overall, it's not difficult to use and looks okay, but could definitely be better. I wouldn't worry about the links popping up on the left side on your music page either.

Credentials: Web Developer for about 2 years.

Here's my honest opinion:

Your site is pretty good, but aesthetically it leaves something to be desired. Mainly, the bars that break to the left or right of the main container make the site feel cluttered and slightly disconcerting. I also wouldn't have used a table in the layout for the site. I see div tags in your code... why not use a pure css layout?

Overall, not too bad, but if you're advertising your abilities as a web designer, I would definitely try to avoid using inline styling for your css.

Credentials: Web Developer for about 2 years.

Here's my honest opinion:

Your site is pretty good, but aesthetically it leaves something to be desired. Mainly, the bars that break to the left or right of the main container make the site feel cluttered and slightly disconcerting. I also wouldn't have used a table in the layout for the site. I see div tags in your code... why not use a pure css layout?

Overall, not too bad, but if you're advertising your abilities as a web designer, I would definitely try to avoid using inline styling for your css.

While we're at it, can you critique mine? Link in my sig. :D

I'm not very experienced in web design, but your site seems pretty well organized and visually pleasing to me. I could navigate through the pages with no trouble.

On a sidenote, OMFG! Your music is awesome! I'm getting "Visions" as soon as it's released.

While we're at it, can you critique mine? Link in my sig. :D

Took a look at it. Very nice site. Simple, but very polished. The only suggestion I'd give is to consider changing the "wrap" to be a specific width, then setting the margin to 0pt auto. Something like this:

body {
margin: 0pt auto;
}
#wrap {
margin: 0pt auto;
/*for the width, I'd suggest between 900-1024px*/
width: 910px;
}

Thanks for the comments everyone (both site and music wise).

I didn't actually "code" anything for this site; I use an HTML editor (EZGenerator). And yes, I'm planning on dropping the whole website design thing because I just don't have enough time to learn that stuff. I will certainly consider all the suggestions so far; thanks! I think the article is running on Friday, so I've got a couple days to tidy things up.

Shameless plug: new original breaks WIP I just put together this afternoon: here