How did you get your handle?

FR

Because I've been told by many people that I am a good listener, and in personality tests my empathy/sensitivity score is always ridiculously high (the last one had me at 99 out of 100). That combo apparently makes people with problems gravitate toward me; I'm kind of built to be the 'shoulder' for people to cry on. So I made up a name to match. :-)

I liked Mario Rpg a lot, so I used the name from that game, THE END.

Pretty much the same here, except with Culex, and I just added an "R" so that it'd be Crulex (or Cruel X as it's pronounced. Combination of Evil Mega Man X and Culex, as my friend pointed out).

Any thoughts on what makes a good handle?

A made-up word or combination of words that people don't generally use together. Before I called myself Hylian Lemon, I was zeldafan364 and Hylian Hero. I might as well have been wallpaper.

Anyone regret using a handle and wish they just used their real name?

I've occasionally considered going by my real name, but it's just not unique/memorable enough. I'd be lost in the depths of google forever.

I've occasionally considered going by my real name, but it's just not unique/memorable enough. I'd be lost in the depths of google forever.

meanwhile, a citrus fruit originating from a fictional land helps you out in google results immensely!

also i'm in the weird position of going by both Mirby and my real name (Taylor Brown), and yet... when I hang out irl with people I know online, they find it easier to call me Mirby than my real name...

it's a rather strange feeling.

When I signed up for OCRemix I was playing Sonic CD and Palmtree Panic had my favorite music of the game, and so I thought of a good alternative to that, since I thought the word "panic" was a fun word, and my friends tell me my taste in music (certain parts of ska, punk, EDM, and synth rock) is "anything fun."

I was once known as "Mr. Automation". And I like the color Jade.

Thus, JadeAutomation was born. Shortened it to JadeAuto.

Though, people confuse me with Blind's wife (jadearanharuno) way too often for my own good...

**disclaimer: I am not blind's wife.

Last summer I had a huge obsession with Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, and it was all I played for the most part. My old username on here was Triptych (it was my favorite word for a while and I liked the way it was spelled), and I wanted to change it to something that was serious, cool, and unique-ish. So I took the first two words of the FF and KH series and I became Final Kingdom.

Crap where did mine go

mine had something to do with capital C's needing to be at the beginning of the word, therefore Crelyane

those were good times

#109 relyanCe

CAPITAL LETTERS GO AT THE START OF WORDS I DUNNO IF ANYONE TOLD YOU THAT.

SO ESSENTIALLY YOUR NAME SHOULD IN FACT BE CRELYANE I’M JUST GONNA CALL YOU CRELYANE FOR THE REMAINDER OF THIS MESSAGE.

Most are stored Here V1 and Here V2

I wanted a name that was not too ridiculous but wouldnt get lost on google.

when i picked it I was thinking of final fantasy related things and thought id smash esper from ff6, together with laguna loires break limit "desperado". Thus i came up with esperado. seemed like a clever play on the two at the time.however, i didnt google it first and in spanish its apparently the "Masculine singular past participle of esperar" which is spanish for " to hope" or "to wait" .

so i guess i masculinely expected things all the time... in spanish.

At the time I was super into Cowboy Bebop. I still absolutely adore the show as fiction, so I'm cool with it. I used it here also because Blues is Protoman's name in Japan. And Protoman, of course, is a badass. On top of all that, I really love the song by the same name, and identify somewhat with what I take from it and its title.

I was registering a name for Ragnarok Online many years back and decided to pick something at random from the dictionary. I opened to the "T" section, since it was the most common after S (and S seemed too feminine for my tastes) and immediately saw a picture of a thylacine. I made the name and stuck with it, thinking nothing of it, but later learned that this vicious-looking creature had been humbled by extinction.

So, whenever I try to make myself a character that's a healer (or am in an area where I want to be on my best behavior), I use the name Thylacine. It reminds me that even the strong and the dangerous can lose everything, so it's better to do right in this world and have no regrets about things.

Edited by Thylacine
Added a bit to the last sentence.

My last name is Fure (pronounced like Fury)

so, as soon as I truly got online, I went with FuriousFure and tried to stake claim as FuriousFure in as many parts of the internet I could. E-mail, Xbox, photo sharing sites, anything.

the reaction turned out to be that people think I don't know how to spell Fury or Fire correctly or just pronounce it as if it rhymed with "sure"

I plan to change it legally into Fury when I get married next year.

Came up with it myself, originally as the name of a character in an FLCL fanfic I was once writing. When that went nowhere, I figured I'd use it as my new nickname.

Amayirot = Toriyama spelled backwards, as in Akira Toriyama, the creator of Dragon Ball, my first real anime.

Akago = Rough Japanese for "Red Five", Luke Skywalker's pilot callsign in Star Wars.

Edited by Amayirot Akago

When I was a teenager I was both a furry and an obsessive roleplayer (embarassing, yet the teenage years are full of doing embarassing things). This is the name of my psychotic lycanthrope character. Once I started posting my art and writings around the internet, I kept it as an author's name since I didn't want to use my real name. Now I'm using it just because I've been using since 1996 or so, even though I really don't care about people knowing my real name.