How did you get your handle?

FR

The first web forum I ever signed up to was the now-defunct Crashcorner.com, which was a huge Crash Bandicoot fan community back in the day. Many of its members named themselves after characters in the series, items from it, locations and the like, and I jumped in on that with standing out immediately with my old nick being a reference to the rideable Baby T-Rex in Crash 3's prehistoric levels (works just as well for me as I've always liked animals).

Then gradually, as I spent more time there, one person (forgot who) started using 'Rexy' as an affectionate nickname. Others started catching on too, and I ended up letting it stick. :)

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars is one of my favorite games, and Culex was the secret optional boss that was tougher than the actual final boss, which I enjoyed fighting. I took the name and varied it so that it could be both a homage to him and a combination of "Cruel" and "X" (for Mega Man X, my other favorite game at the time). One of those old names that stuck through the years.

So, basically just Cruel X mashed up as a tribute to both Mega Man X and Culex.

Hah! So, DrumUltimA is literally the first username I ever chose, back in 4th grade when my dad decided I was old enough to have my own America Online account. I thought long and hard about my username, because I knew that whatever I chose had to accurately represent me for the rest of my life. So, after drafting up a long list (and figuring out what would fit into the 10-character limit at the time), I decided my username would be my two favorite things: music and video games. I had just started playing percussion, so I chose Drum. I had also just started playing Final Fantasy III (or 6--you know what I mean) on my friend's SNES, and chose "Ultima" after the attack. Then I wanted some symmetry visually so I capitalized the A.

17 years later and I still think it represents me pretty well. I can't exactly use it professionally, but it's become a great informal moniker :)

I've used my real name instead of a handle for quite a long time, and "evktalo" is kind of a shorthand to use as a login handle ("v" is from my middle name). That's what it basically is meant to be - my real name, only shorter to save me some typing. Then seeing it used by other people in messages, ending up in MP3 tags via compos, having it in "also known as" in the OCR artist profile, and even actually hearing it pronounced out by people, none of which I anticipated. It feels a bit dumb.

Will(verb) rock(transitive verb) I will rock = Willrock

Will(Proper noun)Rock(noun, genre) = Willrock

Willrock (proper username) = Willrock

Will Rock ( Game from 03') = Willrock

seems cool to me

Is it really cool to have a name that breaks down into stuff...? I think I'll give it a try

Bra (type of women's clothing)

n (solve for x)

don (common name, or name of a mob boss)

Str (strength stat from RPGs)

Ad (advertisement, or ads like how you have a lot of ads surrounding a boss)

Er (where people end up when they mess wit da BES)

Or imagine Ness from Earthbound as a pig you'll be in the ballpark

as unoriginal as my name may sound, I didn't pick it. It was forced upon me back in 2006. when the ps3 first came out you couldn't choose your username, the username went by your email address. So now I just stick with it cuz I've done so much with that username and a lil too lazy to start everything over to just have some other username to represent me.

besides, its not like my username is lying or anything. I am cool 8) (*ego inflating) lol.

Is it really cool to have a name that breaks down into stuff...? I think I'll give it a try

Bra (type of women's clothing)

n (solve for x)

don (common name, or name of a mob boss)

Str (strength stat from RPGs)

Ad (advertisement, or ads like how you have a lot of ads surrounding a boss)

Er (where people end up when they mess wit da BES)

Or imagine Ness from Earthbound as a pig you'll be in the ballpark

Yeah, but these are references that are mostly unrelated to VGM, and some names seem like some fun play on words, Willrock or Will Rock? Seems it's like a sort of Rorschach Test, I saw " Yeah I...Will Rock ...but now that you said it..

Yo ( common greeting)

S (Sulfer)

hi ( even more common greeting)

B (Boron)

Lad (a young man)

E (Energy)

A lot of my friends in college called me by my last name since DeWeese is a much less common name than Mike.

A couple of them, however, took the D and the W and started calling me D-Dubs. Figured I'd use that as an alias, despite the fact I don't use it much outside of OCR. I didn't want people to think they had to stutter when they say it, so I went with the more phonetically friendly Deedubs.

Diiiduhbz :<

Not as much mystique to my name but i'll throw the lore in for those who are interested.

Gar- Nickname given to me by the guitarist in one of the bands I used to play in. Always sort of bothered me that I was the only one with a two syllable name, and you never hear of any famous musicians with a two syllable name, so one day he just started calling me Gar.

~Pocalypse- Derived from Apocalypse. :P ...because Revelations was my favorite part of the Bible. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Bono, Adelle, Deadmau5, Skrillex, Yani, Enya, Kesha, Jay-Z, Snoop Dog, Tupac, Rick Ross, Biggie, Steve Vai, Dave Grohl, Jack White...Falco...yes Falco...

Misspoke. I meant "good".

:<:<:<

those are all mostly stage names tho. I meant actual first names. When the time comes for a band to announce it's members towards the end of a set you will never hear of "Kyle on the hits!" "Aubrey on 4-strings" or "Cooper on the guitar". :P

Edited by Garpocalypse

When the time comes for a band to announce it's members towards the end of a set you will never hear of "Kyle on the hits!" "Aubrey on 4-strings" or "Cooper on the guitar". :P

Lol what kind of band are you putting together, I hope it's mostly MIDI orchestral hit and one of those $100 guitars you get at walmart in a box :lmassoff:

And why does Aubrey gotta play the 4 string?? You better mean banjo and not the bass! That's a bad stereotype! :lmassoff: