Fire Emblem / SSBM - Together We Ride

CC Ricers

I am familiar with this source only through SSBM as the familiar Fire Emblem music, since I have never actually played any of the Fire Emblem games. The first song, "Together We Ride", makes up most of the remix. Someone else had attempted this theme a couple months ago but unfortunately never got around to finishing it. After a long time of not getting any feedback, I decided to follow in his footsteps and started from scratch.

The style is heavily inspired by early 90's euro dance, you know, all that commercial radio stuff. This is interesting for me since I am a mostly electronic remixer and I hardly use trance and euro as my influence. So enjoy what I have.

New version 2 WIP

drdl

Old WIP

you know i think you could directly put what is love by haddaway right over this song and they wouldnt clash! lol

good piece so far. The synth brought halfway into the piece sounds really familiar from another song though i cant quite put my finger on it. oh well. No mastering qualms except maybe with bringing the bass out more.

You can hear the source here:

As you can see, most of the song is transposed to fit with the key of the opening section. I feel that this lends itself to a better interpretation for the dance music genre.

Which transitions are weak? You mean the cliche drum rolls? I'm trying working on those.

Thouight I already replied about this. Oh well...

Fix the lead panning! Please! It almost hurts to hear this with headphones.

Checked out the source. As I've spend an unhealthy amount of time playing SSBM, I should have recognized the theme in the remix. I didn't. What does that tell you?

Weak transitions - there's rarely anything that bridges different sections. The drum rolls may be cliched, but there's a reason they're used everywhere - they work. They're not what I was talking about.

As for individual transitions: 0:43 is a weird transition. 0:58 is a weak one, it's essentially an instrument replacement, which makes it sound lame. 1:12 is a good one. 1:41 needs to be bigger, it works, but it should be bigger. 1:56 feels too abrupt.

Oh and, you need an ending. I think the current one would work as a break, followed by a full force chorus section and a big finish. You could do that in about 30 seconds, thus avoiding making this too long.

Thouight I already replied about this. Oh well...

Fix the lead panning! Please! It almost hurts to hear this with headphones.

Checked out the source. As I've spend an unhealthy amount of time playing SSBM, I should have recognized the theme in the remix. I didn't. What does that tell you?

Weak transitions - there's rarely anything that bridges different sections. The drum rolls may be cliched, but there's a reason they're used everywhere - they work. They're not what I was talking about.

As for individual transitions: 0:43 is a weird transition. 0:58 is a weak one, it's essentially an instrument replacement, which makes it sound lame. 1:12 is a good one. 1:41 needs to be bigger, it works, but it should be bigger. 1:56 feels too abrupt.

Oh and, you need an ending. I think the current one would work as a break, followed by a full force chorus section and a big finish. You could do that in about 30 seconds, thus avoiding making this too long.

Rozo u quack! You did already reply to this...you're just reiterating what you said lol...go to sleep.

New WIP!! I did a improvements to the sound, slow down the tempo, and it's suddenly sounding more Haddaway-like.

Added a few more snares and more punch to the bass drum, and fixed the panning issues so the synths and strings aren't all over the place. Transitions are still kind of...there, but that's the way I work. I build the major pieces first and mend them together at the end so it's not so sloppy.

There is also a new section from the source at 3:15 but that's more of an afterthought. I'll see if I'll keep that in the final version.

I guess that tells me....I'm doing a pretty good job of turning and chopping up the source and making it my own. :-P

But really, the source should be recognizable even if it's a different key and slowed down. 0:02 in the video is featured in 2:13 in the remix, 0:16 and 0:43 in the video go with 0:57-1:27 in the remix, and 0:58 in the video corresponds to the remix's introduction. (these times go with the NEW wip I posted) I don't know if anyone else has problems finding the source, but it should be apparent I think.

Alex, it's more in-depth, and after I knew what the source was. Stop posting redundant posts.

Yup, way more Haddaway. lol

1:00 section feel weak after the fill, it kind'a kills the intensity. Use some big crash and raise the bass, do something to keep the intensity. Tranbsition to 1:29 is also a weak one, tho that's more because the instrumentation/pitch changes so much.

You do succeed in making this your own, but... You know already. Gotta be at least 50% source. Sometimes the judges break it up in what's from source and what's original (even if it's derived from source), and if more than half the song can't be traced to source, it's a NO. AFAIK.

I dunno, I'm now hearing sections that I can trace to source, but it's still pretty obscure. I finally hear the source in the lead, I think it's the speed that makes it tough to recognize. Try adding an instrument that plays something from source at normal/faster speed, see if you can fit that in on top of what you've got. See if that works.

Maybe it's just be, I can be source-deaf. Even so, I rarely have a problem recognizing source in approved ocremixes, those I know.

I'll be back, and have another listen to source and compare more in depth.

I can hear the source pretty clearly throughout most of the song, so that wasnt a problem for me. Liberal, yes, but I can hear it. I agree though thet the transitions need more fluidity to them. Otherwise our production sounds pretty good to me, and I like your arrangement, so Id say this just needs more work on the transitions before ur ready to submit.