Application to convert wav to mp3?

Paladin

Hi,

Could someone please recommend a program that simply converts a wav file to mp3 (other than "WAV to MP3 Encoder 2.5" as I can't run the program due to an error).

I'm looking for free programs only. If there is a free program out there that handles variable bit rate that would be sick, but otherwise I'm happy with standard mp3 encoding.

Cheers,

Alex.

This is a very googleable problem that we probably have loads of threads about, try to search first...

You can download the lame.dll from many places for free, and you can use programs like Foobar to put it to use. There are literally hundreds of free or at the very least free trial programs so everyone probably uses something different.

Thanks. The reason I posted here is that google churns out loads of results and what I really need are personal recommendations.

What I'm really looking for is a dedicated program that is designed for mp3 encoding. I didn't even know i-tunes dealt with wavs.

Because there are indeed so many free programs that can do this, it would be extremely helpful if someone could name a single program that they have used/currently use and can recommend it.

Cheers,

Alex.