Bionic Commando Rearmed

lazygecko

Zero Wing remake oncoming too I bet..

(Actually that'd be kinda cool.)...

Posted by: tophoid on January 17, 2008 12:37 PDT

All Your Base Belong to 2.5D? Possible. Someone set us up the download.

Meanwhile, this looks like it could be a tasteful download. Although, with it being a NEs original title, it's a wonder they haven't made a version for the Wii as well. Real shame.

My mouth was literally hanging open for most of the trailer. Too bad I'll never get a 360 (or any current gen consoles)

Off topic:Why?

On topic: The game is coming out for the PS3 too (It said PS3 at the end of the trailer);

Nobody mentioned it either because nobody noticed or because nobody cared, but still Yay!

2.5D is the new 3D.

And this is yet another ame that is pushing me over the edge to get my hands on one of those unreliable piece of hardware called xbox360. Bionic commando for NES ranks high as one of my favorite games of all time, still play it regularily, and this looks like SEX.

360 being unreliable... What is this, 2006?

But wow. The bunch of Americans getting into the old game is really something. It reminds me of the dedication the Metroid Prime team had for the source material.

The "nerd" comment had be blurting out laugher. Great redone music as well. Now I'm going to play the ROM.

On topic: The game is coming out for the PS3 too (It said PS3 at the end of the trailer);

Nobody mentioned it either because nobody noticed or because nobody cared, but still Yay!

I did say it will be distributed through XBLA and PSN, but it appears either no one noticed or no one owns a PS3.

But wow. The bunch of Americans getting into the old game is really something. It reminds me of the dedication the Metroid Prime team had for the source material.

The dev team is Swedish.

Something that wasn't mentioned is that the co-op mode will only work offline, which is a bummer.

You're right. But it's really strange seeing that anyone other than the Japanese seems to genuinely care about those oldies than the Japanese themselves. And most of the time, they do the more than enough justice. It's strange to see them use the full potential of the 360/PS3 for a 2D oldie remake, but that game really does look gorgeous.

You're right. But it's really strange seeing that anyone other than the Japanese seems to genuinely care about those oldies than the Japanese themselves.

Contra 4? ;)

Yeah I'm quite stoked for this, even though I won't be owning it any time soon. I've been quite skeptical of some 2.5d remakes. The new rondo of blood, the chibi-ish mega man remake, and even new super mario brothers didn't sit well with me. Nothing about the switch to using 3d graphics seemed like an improvement or desirable in any way... not to me at least.

But whatever it is they're doing better for Bionic Commando Rearmed, I think they've won me over.

• 6 months later...