Bionic Commando Rearmed

lazygecko

I'll be getting it come Thursday as well. But why are you so eager for other people to get it Atmuh, the coop and multiplayer modes aren't online, so you're still gonna need to have people come over to play it

I thought that there was online deathmatch, just no online coop. =/

Pixeljunk Monsters

Man, I love that game...finally beat Special 2 last night, now it's on to the hard levels.

Anyway, does anybody know if there is any difference between the Xbox 360 and PS3 version of Bionic Commando Rearmed? Trying to decided which system I'm gonna get it for...

I think I'll get it at some point for PS3 (better D-pad).

Actually it makes no difference about the D-Pad.

I don't even use the D-Pad on the 360 controller. No need to. Works just fine.

=]

Man it's awesome.

Downloaded it after I saw Tropic Thunder last night.

Friggin' awesome how we get a code to unlock the Retro Outfit in Bionic Commando.

And the Top Secret Trailer showing it.

Friggin' awesome.

I tried the demo. It seemed like oldschool awesomeness. I liked the challenge rooms too. Is the game worth it, since I never tried the original?

Holy cow, yes. This is amazing -- the only problem is that the 360 version doesn't have netplay. That's overlookable though...considering that this IMO the best remake of all-time, and is one of the best XBLA titles available right now. The challenge rooms give the game much more replay value than Braid, which I loved...but won't go back and play it again for a long time.

The best part is that they didn't screw up the controls -- it is the tightest control I've seen from a game in a while.

I find it funny that some challenge rooms are so difficult, the best anyone can really come up with is 1%, 2% or at the highest, 6% completion rate.

I think it's room 16 or something, but after SIXTY tries, I finally finished. And ranked decently high.

Bionic Commando always was a pretty difficult game. Way more so than usual because of the swing mechanics which innately made them difficult. Now in Rearmed, enemies are much smarter, they even hunt you down to a point, and they take cover (what is this, an FPS game?).

I'm glad the game is actually more hardcore than I remember it. But also, this game is quite difficult as well. I enjoy the challenge, but I wonder how total newbies would feel.

It's been easily over 12 years since the last time I played Bionic Commando on the NES, but Rearmed feels like a faithful update. I was never particularly good at the original, and this game is still as tough as I remember. Great look and feel. The music is also pretty awesome.

The only things I have to gripe about offhand are related to the controls. Sometimes when shooting the grapple without pressing a direction it will shoot straight and other times it will shoot at a 45 degree angle. It's also extremely picky with the analog stick to shoot at that diagonal, whereas with the d-pad not so much...makes it far less worthwhile playing with the analog stick IMO.

Now all my home console playing time is going to be divided between this and Pixeljunk Monsters. Hooray for these great digitally-distributed games!

I (MasterTenor) am #1 on the BCR leaderboards for total challenge time. The only one I haven't finished yet is Final Exam (and of course, the stupid secret ones).

Time I'm proudest of so far: Under 27 seconds on Forked Path, and I'll have under 25 after I add one more trick.

If anyone needs advice, feel free to ask! :P

EDIT: Final exam is completed -- yippie! I'm the 4th person to finish it.

I guess I'm just weird.

The demos for Bionic Commando, and Braid didn't impress me much.

Anyone have the full versions who can give me input?

Both games are awesome and you're weird?

Bionic Commando is like an oldschool NES game which it mostly is. And Braid basically is something like Ico. More of an experience and a series of puzzle than an action/adventure title.

Both games are awesome and you're weird?

Bionic Commando is like an oldschool NES game which it mostly is. And Braid basically is something like Ico. More of an experience and a series of puzzle than an action/adventure title.

I guess the main thing about braid is the price.

I am mildly interested in the story, but at the same time; I can't quite justify paying that much for it. I do like the concept though, and will likely buy it eventually.

And Bionic Commando; It just didn't impress me. Looks great, and plays alright; but I just wasn't captivated enough to buy it I guess.

downloaded after midnight, thought i could play just a few minutes and go to bed...i couldn't stop until a few hours in...

me and my brother in law played coop, played for like several hours and ended up going to bed at 5AM, we were pretty well addicted

the attention to detail and use of the bionic arm mechanic in stuff like the challenge rooms is just awesome

this game is just spectacularly fun and a like one of the best remakes ever produced