Bionic Commando Rearmed

lazygecko

So apparently it wont be coming out on Steam for us PC gaming types...Somewhere in the negotiating with Capcom and Valve there was a disagreement, and it's available on the Capcom store website and using another digital download service called like Direct2Download or something. If it was available on Steam my wallet would be out already, but I'm a little hesitant about getting it otherwise from what I've heard people say about D2D.

Any of you guys bought it yet for PC, and if so, how?

Bought it yesterday.

As some may know, I'm a big fan of the NES BC. And this remake is a dream come true for me. Worth every penny. I'm loving every aspect of it and I love that capcom decided not to just remake it by changing sprites and the like, but to make a game from the ground up for current consoles/pc, and make it to feel exactly like the original.

I'll be playing this for years to come, just like the NES BC. Now if nintendo did something similar with Kid Icarus, I could die happy.

EDIT: Spork, I bought it off D2D. No steam download sucks, but D2D wasn't too bad. You create an account, buy the game (I used paypal), and you get the authentication code and a download link. I had to download the fileplanet downloader to get the full dl speed though, and it was the only thing I didn't like about the process. Aside from that, it was very clean and easy.

EDIT: Spork, I bought it off D2D. No steam download sucks, but D2D wasn't too bad. You create an account, buy the game (I used paypal), and you get the authentication code and a download link. I had to download the fileplanet downloader to get the full dl speed though, and it was the only thing I didn't like about the process. Aside from that, it was very clean and easy.

Yea I dug around and got it with GamersGate, but found a way to extract the install file for the game so I dont have to run the GamersGate service every time I want to install it somewhere else. Of course, it wont let me run it on multiple computers unless I uninstall it off of this one, but still works.

And, although I missed out on the original BC, I must say that this game is challenging, entertaining, cheesey (just enough to be grand), and all around fun. Definitely dont regret getting it.

The original game has about the same kind of challenge, except the bosses were a total nonfactor. Now it presents real problems, and I think it's best that way.

Also, they totally turned Rad Spencer into Duke Nukem.

Yeah kinda sucks that they turned him into a softcore cocky version of Duke, cuz in my mind the original commando was kind of a quirky guy, with that hairdo and glasses. But I think it fits with the art style more (which reminds me a lot of Metal slug and snk games, and It's probably because the snk staff that works at capcom now did the art), and the over the top nature of the remake.

Anyways, this game is awesome, and whether you played the original or not, whether you're a fan of retro gaming or not, I think you should give it a try and also support Capcom for doing this. Capcom has shown lately to care about what their fans want, and to give them exactly that. Can't wait to play mm9, the new BC and Street Fighter 4.

• 3 months later...

I'm a bit late on the boat here (okay, WAY LATE), but I bought this the other day once I took my PS3 home from college (where their stupid network security isn't cmpatible with consoles and their wifi reception is so dire it's not even worth trying to bridge a connection) and I bought this at a bargain €10.

All I can say is wow. I never played the original on a NES, but did look into it a fair bit and got emulators and stuff, and it's nothing short of outstanding. It's probably the best downloadable game on the PlayStation Network, even if it's a tad easier than the original game imo. It's just a shame that the multiplayer isn't online at all, local only.

I really can't wait until the "main" Bionic Commando sequel comes out now. Hopefully it won't be too long before that happens.