Real Name: any way to restrict visibility of that only to registered users?

Platinum Azure

I think a minor part of the reason the names are generally visible are to make it easier for people interested in the artists to learn a bit more about them, but I could just be looking at it through my own prism.

Well, I'm aware of being able to leave it blank, but at the same time I don't want to be a stranger... that's why I wanted it to be visible to the community.

Ah well. I can fend for myself just fine. I'll leave it up.

Thanks for the reply.

It's an interesting proposition, actually. I could see why you'd want that feature. I'll holler at djp about it. Dunno if it could be done, but it sounds like something vBulletin might be capable of.

EDIT: Asked djp and the short of it is that it's doable but would require a fair amount of work. Probably not a priority at this point, but it's something to potentially keep in mind. if anyone has any more input on why we should or shouldn't implement this, please post your thoughts.

I think a minor part of the reason the names are generally visible are to make it easier for people interested in the artists to learn a bit more about them, but I could just be looking at it through my own prism.

It's an interesting proposition, actually. I could see why you'd want that feature. I'll holler at djp about it. Dunno if it could be done, but it sounds like something vBulletin might be capable of.

EDIT: Asked djp and the short of it is that it's doable but would require a fair amount of work. Probably not a priority at this point, but it's something to potentially keep in mind. if anyone has any more input on why we should or shouldn't implement this, please post your thoughts.

This may well be the lamest input ever, but you should do it.

Seems like a good idea.

I don't think it's that necessary. If people want to find out who you are and where you live, there are numerous ways to do so. Basically, don't give out your name anywhere or accept the fact that people can find out about you should they choose. I personally added my name to the site knowing that people could find it, and I'm fine with that. I don't make that much distinction between registered and unregistered users either; there are probably a few registered users who I wouldn't want to know how to contact me either. I realize that I can't pick and choose and I'm fine with that.

If enough other people want that feature implemented, I'm fine with that too, although as long as there are more useful improvements to the site, I'd suggest those get priority.