Black Mages 3 Teaser Site

Arcubalis

It really was quite meh wasn't it. Apart from the guitar, everything else is just slightly better sound qaulity then then original, and the guitar is still fairly crap sounding.

I hope the rest of it is MUCH better.

It's Black Mages, so I suspect it'll be more of the same of the first two. Personally I think it's starting to get a little drawn out. I guess they're running out of battle themes, but arranging the non-battle songs doesn't really fit their style.

It's Black Mages, so I suspect it'll be more of the same of the first two. Personally I think it's starting to get a little drawn out. I guess they're running out of battle themes, but arranging the non-battle songs doesn't really fit their style.

Agreed.

I haven't watched the video yet, but I honestly hope for less vocalizations, as they have been nothing but ass whenever they've used them in the last two albums

(I can almost imagine them trying One-Winged Angel... *shudder*).

Agreed.

I haven't watched the video yet, but I honestly hope for less vocalizations, as they have been nothing but ass whenever they've used them in the last two albums

no, they've already been there: Uematsu had to remix OWA for Advent Children. For the record, it was pretty good.

Agreed.

I liked the female vocals used in Otherworld on the second album... however I hate Blue Blast... total crap!!

And technically they already did One-Winged Angel... in Advent Children

To agree with l33t 1, It is pretty good... I really dig it.

Looking forward to this 3rd album! Hope I dont get suckered into a Maya Records bootleg like I did for Skies Above.... Grrr!!

Isn't the founding member/guitarist that Sekito guy who made the Brave Fencer Musashi soundtrack?

If the Black Mages wanna impress me, they'll death metalize Eyes On Me from FF8. MWAAAAAHAHAHAAAAA!

Edit: Tsuyoshi Sekito is not the founding member, but he and the keyboard player were the start of the thing when they arranged some of the FF pieces and brought it to Uematsu to listen to. I KNEW the that Brave Fencer Musashi guy had something special in him! Hahaha.

Uh, that's kind of the point, isn't it? I mean it's an album full of covers by the guy who wrote the original music. It's par for the course, and consistent with the last two releases.

Just enjoy it. :roll:

I love the last two albums (minus the vocal tracks), this isn't anywhere near the same production quality. When I say this is only slightly better sounds then the original, I mean literally only slightly better then the original smattered with ott guitar, making it feel cheap and uninteresting. This isn't par for the course imo, it sounds like they're getting lazy.

I know what the point of the black mages is. They were one of my main influences when I started remixing. :roll:

Uh, that's kind of the point, isn't it? I mean it's an album full of covers by the guy who wrote the original music. It's par for the course, and consistent with the last two releases.

Just enjoy it. :roll:

Kinda hard for me to enjoy it with the likes of bands like ARMCANNON and Smash Bros., nevermind arrangers like housethegrate, his brother ashane, Snappleman, Danimal Cannon, etc...

If you're going to have a band? Have some believable sounds... :roll:

Been a fan of them ever since I heard of their existence a couple of years back. I think the appeal of The Black Mages is that these are real game composers who got together and did something like this. Anything that's official catches on with us Final Fantasy fans. No offense to the super-awesome videogame rock bands we all know and love, though.

But yeah...some of their arrangements are pretty hit or miss, especially with people like us who constantly check out the videogame music remix community. We can immediately compare some of the awesome fan arrangements and cover bands to the official ones. Still, though, I cannot wait for this album despite being pretty disappointed by the "Bombing Mission" teaser they have on their site. While the intro (which plays in the teaser video) sounds excellent, the mp3 teaser sounds low quality and the arrangement isn't that exciting. I'm sure that they've pumped up some awesome tracks nonetheless...makes me wonder of the final tracklist they have planned. Any predictions on that font, anyone? I, for one, would love to see FF1's town theme arranged in a similar manner to the Matoya's Cave remix in their second album.

Been a fan of them ever since I heard of their existence a couple of years back. I think the appeal of The Black Mages is that these are real game composers who got together and did something like this. Anything that's official catches on with us Final Fantasy fans. No offense to the super-awesome videogame rock bands we all know and love, though.

But yeah...some of their arrangements are pretty hit or miss, especially with people like us who constantly check out the videogame music remix community. We can immediately compare some of the awesome fan arrangements and cover bands to the official ones.

Exactly; especially considering the fact that VOTL was released not too long ago (and it also had a remix of the very same song that the Black Mages used).