Terranigma WIP

HoboKa

Yes...yes I know I'm going overbaord with all the new wips, well I couldn't resist doing a remix to this one...I've been meaning to for quite some time, in fact. It's very conservative, but also personalized enough to be a remix - er I think.

http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/enjx/Terranigma_SadSong_ver.2

Got some timing issues and major humanization to do, but here's the main idea.

Hmm lets see.

I dont know the source tune at all, so I'll have to base this on other stuff :P.

I like the feel its got going so far. Very nice and mellow. I love this kind of music.

mmm nice pads. That plucked thing panned to the right is... too panned to the right :P. It should be slightly more left if you want it panned.

Hmm aside from that, very nice. If you post a link or something to the original, Id definitely listen to that and give this another listen :D

Hmm lets see.

I dont know the source tune at all, so I'll have to base this on other stuff :P.

I like the feel its got going so far. Very nice and mellow. I love this kind of music.

mmm nice pads. That plucked thing panned to the right is... too panned to the right :P. It should be slightly more left if you want it panned.

Hmm aside from that, very nice. If you post a link or something to the original, Id definitely listen to that and give this another listen :D

Thanks man, wut bugs me the most asides from that panning issue though is that stupid clash of the piano and guitar melodies...

BTW the first 1/4 of the song is a midi rip...sooo you're hearing the original source at that interval lolz.

The strings could be a little softer in the beginning.The guitar needs some more articulation.

At 0:54 it sounds like you've got two different time signatures going. Doesn't work, but you know that already. Normally, this is where you would have switched genre, and this is better. Once it's fixed, I mean.

The strings you start using here would be much better suited for a more nightmare-ish piece, or electronica. Find something softer.

And while on the topic of soft, at about 1:36 you've got a way too loud bell or something. Lower attack and soften it up, unless you can find softer samples. That goes for most sounds in this wip.

You've got a way too punchy piano for a soft piece like this, whether it's compression or just the sample, it's too much. Compare it to some piano pieces here to get a feel for the softness you need. Or compare it to a less soft piece, for contrast.

Overall, it sounds somewhat like you've been trying to get every track as loud as possible in here, and then added a master compression to make sure nothing peaks too high. Lose compression completely, and add a limiter to the master to kill any peaks.

I won't bother to comment on how interpretive this is, not yet at least. Someone else can do that. Or you could link to midi yourself, make it easy for us lazy ppl. :P

boy you just keep pumping out mixes dont you?

i think the problem with the guitar and piano clash is the rhythm. You have two simultaneously. The notation is fine, but none of this instruments is commanding a solid rhythm for another instrument to alternate off of. Essentially, its just like having a bunch of solo instruments. Pick a rthythm to build off of and then use that as the foundation for the song.

Nice and pretty tho :)

boy you just keep pumping out mixes dont you?

i think the problem with the guitar and piano clash is the rhythm. You have two simultaneously. The notation is fine, but none of this instruments is commanding a solid rhythm for another instrument to alternate off of. Essentially, its just like having a bunch of solo instruments. Pick a rthythm to build off of and then use that as the foundation for the song.

Nice and pretty tho :)

I made Rho had a look at it; he's a real nice guy btw :P - anywho, he found the problem and I fixed it...newer version coming out, with a bit of a surprise as well ;)...

...sigh so much for that homework I was supposed to do...luckily its due Tuesday :D

You're on the way to mastering time signatures, buddy. This is pretty. The bells at 1:36 something are too punchy, they need to bee longer, let them ring and then fade.

Nice transition at 2:something. You're getting better at switching genres. There's some time sig trouble you need to work out 3:02 and forth, I guess it's the guitar causing trouble there. You're not in 3/4 anymore. The guitar sample is pretty slow too, which is really evident at the break before 3:50. There's some annoying quickly panning forth and back at the end, which you should soften, slow down, or just get rid of.

But overall, this is nice. Loads of improvements, and maybe the first genre swap I've heard from you that I actually like. :P