[WIP] iNViNCiBLE - Sonic the Hedgehog 3

Skyone

Hey everyone;

This is generally my first OCRemix work that I've done, so I have no idea what type of feedback to expect from you guys.

This WIP is based off of Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (& Knuckles)'s invincibility tune. The synth solo I threw in there is hardly the final product at all, but I almost just added it temporarily to understand how long I was expecting it to be, and how I could use it.

Anyways, please give me any critiquing! This is one of my first music pieces in all, so I really need comments.

http://skytroniks.com/iNViNCiBLE.mp3 (1:41)

Thanks a ton

-Skyler

It's a nice interpretation, tho it's lost loads of energy. it needs more variation, so reimagine it. More so than so far. Vary pacing, rhythms, instrumentation, stuff like that. Update the instrumentation, whether you go for acusoutic samples, electric samples plus effects, or synths, you gotta up the sound quality, this isn't much better than the original in terms of sound quality, and the original is kind'a old.

It's a good start, seeing as it's not a midi rip with drums. Keep working, this could be good! And welcome to ocr!

Thanks, Rozovian! I was fairly unsure what to use for the instruments to be honest, but I'm not sure your acoustic suggestion would be the best for it. Hmm... I think I'll mess around with different samples, effects, etc; and I'll post the progress here.

Thanks again

-Skyler

• 1 month later...

While I'm not a Remixer in any way (So you don't technically have to listen to me,) I agree with Rozovian in that it really has no... BAM in it, for lack of a better term. I've always wondered why Project Chaos never had an Invinciblity theme, and I think it's time someone added one.

Anyways, what you have going is really good. If you have any experience with guitars, especially electric, you could totally make this into a bad ass song. Maybe play with the tempo a bit, see if you can add a bit of a speed element into it... after all, when you're invincible, you wanna race through stuff as fast as you can. (Maybe you can play into the fact that it's the Invincibility and Speed Shoes at the same time.)

If you really want a little bit of inspiration, listen to "Sonic the Hedgehog and Knuckles", the intro to the Project Chaos album. SnappleMan does an excellent job of metal-ing up the main theme.

Otherwise, as Rozovian said, this remix has a lot of potential. Keep at it.

I don't know if it's just me, but it feels like one note in the solo (~1:00) is a half step off. Maybe if you did a pitch bend/slide it would feel more natural.

For that measure with only drums (~1:05), spice it up! The drum samples themselves are kinda bland because they have a short duration (the hats don't ring out at all).

I don't know how long of a song you're trying to make, but I think you could stretch out the intro just a little bit.

I liked everything else.

For that measure with only drums (~1:05), spice it up! The drum samples themselves are kinda bland because they have a short duration (the hats don't ring out at all).

Put more reverb on the high hats to make them come out more and last longer, or even layer another sample and pan them (ever so slightly) on opposite sides to make them sound richer. Just whatever you do, don't overcompress the drums...I've done that so many times, lol. Gooood stuff so far dude.