Heath Ledger (1979-2008)

operawonderdude

I'm just thinking ahead:

'I say, this Ledger felow does a terrible Joker; I shall away to his place of residence and beat him about the skull and shoulders with a lead pipe until he expires of Death of the Brain. Oh, bollocks and damnation, it appears he has done the job for me. Now I am of two minds as to what to do next. Well, this fellow sitting next to me seems to be a seedy and unlikeable sort; mayhaps I shall beat him to death in Ledger's stead.'

Then with the screaming and the bloodshed and the police and all. You know, just far too noisy.

For some reason I am neither surprised nor sad, maybe it's because the fact that the man has died hasn't hit me yet but I know his passing will effect many people. Hopefully the Dark Knight will be his greatest role so people may recognize the man and talent that has left us all.

EMFB and I were both shocked and saddened by this news.

She woke me up from a dead sleep shouting my name, and I couldnt believe it when she said it.

I was like oh that 4-chan,

Then she said it was on drudgereport.

My heart sank and I felt kind of sick.

Its like losing a friend in a way, because you always looked forward to seeing them and you grew up with them.

He was a few years older than I am, but I really loved his acting, regardless of the movie. He was a fun figure I always looked forward to seeing.

I can only pray for his Daughter to grow up happy and strong, I know what its like to lose your parent/s.

I only hope that wherever his spirit is if you believe in that stuff, is happier than he was in his seemingly troubled life.

I will always remember Heath Ledger.

I bet most of you didn't even know who he was until he was the Joker in the new Batman movie.

For shame, interwebs. For shame.

His breakout work: The Patriot (yes, I loved it, shameless Mel Gibson too).

I'm going to start the rumor right here that he's the James Dean of our generation (River Phoenix was too damn long ago).

Discuss.

The difference being that Dean died of a total freak accident even if he was driving around like a madman because of dad problems. I think Ledger died of the typical sleeping pill + alcohol deal.

Ledger had a lot of potential, but Dean singlehandedly changed the way actors act. It's still a shame.