Heath Ledger (1979-2008)

operawonderdude

Off sleeping pills?

In the afternoon?

He was taking valium/xanax as well as stilnox (ambien.) I'm prescribed on the ambien pills as well as anti-anxiety pills myself. The two do interact with each other, and ambien is a very powerful drug that has had a lot of bad press lately. Even taking just 10mg (1 tablet) too much can cause major changes in brain function. Coupled with the valium, it's no surprise that his heart gave out.

If he did OD on the sleeping tablets, that would've knocked him out and from there, any drugs in his system would've had free reign over his body. I wouldn't think this was suicide, since there's no real guarantee that those drugs would kill you. If he wanted to kill himself, there are more thorough ways. It just sounds like a tragic case where he might've dipped his hand into the bottle and grabbed out 1 or 2 extra tablets by mistake.

Of course, we'll all know after the autopsy exactly what caused it.

For now, I respected Ledger's acting, loved his deep voice. He did a great job representing Perth and Australia on the global scale. It's a shame that he died so young, not just because he was a good boy with such a promising future, but also because he was Perth's best hope of getting some public recognition.

They'll most likely fly him back here and bury him in Fremantle Cemetary, where Bon Scott is buried.

It just sounds like a tragic case where he might've dipped his hand into the bottle and grabbed out 1 or 2 extra tablets by mistake.
I've heard too many stories and lost too much family to the "accidental OD." I never ingest an extra tablet by mistake.

I'm not sure if other people actively count their pills, but the only accident I can imagine would be if he didn't know the reactions between drugs would kill him, or he got drunk/impaired enough to not tell the difference between 2 pills and 4 pills.

Even though he definitely went Hollywood early, he was probably the most un-Americanized Aussie actor out there, and that's gotta count for something. I never did see Brokeback Mountain, but all his other roles I saw him in kept the accent strong. Anthony LaPaglia, Portia di Rossi, Rachel Griffiths, Nicole Kidman, all A-list Hollywood stars, all mostly Americanized (okay not Rachel Griffiths so much, but you've seen the Rookie, she makes Aussie --> Texas look easy)

If he wanted to die, they would have found him next to an EMPTY bottle of pills.

People can have really bad reactions to very small doses of drugs, and if he was taking several different, interacting drugs that only makes the situation more dangerous.

Remember that Bruce Lee, probably the healthiest human being ever, died from taking a single headache pill.

Not saying that I know anything more than anyone else.... it totally coulda been suicide. We'll have to wait and see what they say.

It really is a shame he had to die. It was also quite a shock. I remember seeing the Batman trailer and saying to myself, "I can't wait to see him in other roles later on down the line."

I have heard that he was half way done on another production as star that had to stop filming... Which really sucks for the people involved with that as well.

It really is a shame he had to die. It was also quite a shock. I remember seeing the Batman trailer and saying to myself, "I can't wait to see him in other roles later on down the line."

I have heard that he was half way done on another production as star that had to stop filming... Which really sucks for the people involved with that as well.

it was a terry gilliam film. that guy has the worst luck (if you don't know what i'm talking about, watch "lost in la mancha")

Fox News does it again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTms02ctnss

Brokeback Mountain jokes were never, ever funny. Death or no death.

Send your hate mail to...

Anyway, since I never made a serious comment on this, it is a shame he died (or took his life) at such a young age. He talked about how much he loved acting, and just as he reaches a status that could afford him a lot more acting choices, this happens. I didn't watch any of his movies (though I was looking forward to 'The Dark Knight'), but my condolences still go out to his family. For their sake, I hope this wasn't a suicide.