OverClocked ReMix at Genericon XXI!

djpretzel

Troy, NY - OverClocked ReMix will participate this weekend as one of several guests at Genericon, an anime/science fiction/gaming convention held by Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI). Site staff David "djpretzel" Lloyd, Larry "Liontamer" Oji, and Andrew "zircon" Aversa will be representing OC ReMix, holding a panel, giving away prizes, and joining in the festivities. Other guests include Al Lowe of Leisure Suit Larry, King's Quest, and Police Quest fame, musical group Echostream, and Rob Balder of the webcomic PartiallyClips.

The OverClocked ReMix panel will be held at 3:00pm on Saturday the 26th in DCC 308.

Genericon is being held January 25-27; more information is available at http://genericon.union.rpi.edu/.

What The Pezman said! :3

We did, in fact, get Al Lowe's autograph addressed to both Anso and OCR. :) I'm posting here at the OCR dealer table, last day of the con, and it has really been great. We've sold a ton of shirts & hoodies, maybe even comparable to how many we sold at Otakon (which is at least 25x the size of this one.) This is easily one of the best-run cons we've ever been to - the staff has been AMAZING overall and we've been treated very well. In fact, this is the first time OCR has been invited anywhere as official guests (ie. all expenses paid.) I really can't emphasize enough how tightly run Genericon has been. Plus, while we couldn't to make it to many panels, the ones we did go to were very enjoyable. I'm sure Larry will hook everyone up with the details but suffice it to say it has been really fun.

The panel went well too, with an increased emphasis on video content and Q&A, which we hope to do more of in the future. No live performances this time around, but hey, it's hard to cart around instruments (plus, no pixietricks :-()

ummm well, the interview transcript totaled ~4100 words. i had to cut it to ~700 but the smallest i could get it to was ~900. the issue they are running this week had some time sensitive material so due to space constraints, the interview will be delayed a 1-2 issues since they want to give the interview the space it deserves. on the plus side, they are simultaneously working on their website and they should be able to host the full interview up for everyone on the site if people want to read more than what is in the issue. i can send you the full transcript if you wanted and ill send a copy of the magazine when it does come out.

UPDATE: They are running it in this coming week's issue. Thus, I will give you the web link and the hard copies as soon as i can!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...