*NO* Top Gear 'Out of Gas' *FT*

Disco Dan

Ok, you guys know I hate doing this because it makes me look like some sort of good samaritan or something and I'm not, but...

This guy Kilu says he's been waiting to hear back on a few tracks he submitted (with time inbetween each one) a while back, starting about three months ago, and has not heard a rejection letter or a NO from the panel, so here we go.

The songs are at:

The one he said to focus on is the topgear track:

though I don't know if the direct linking will work, so you may have to just go to the first link. Anyway, that's that. I've done my good deed for the week.

D

This brings back happy memories of sitting infront of the TV hours on end playing Top Gear. I loved that game.

Now, to the ReMix - This is a very difficult decision. The bass frequencies are much too overemphasized. Metal doesn't necessarily have to have so much focus on heavily emphasizing the bass frequencies. If anything, it makes it sound worse. The arrangement itself is okay. That, and the ending is really quite strange. However, it works :D

Overall, the overemphasization on the bass kills this mix for me. It'll be no for me.

NO

I felt the song was rather short and typical. The guitar, the beat. Its all the usual. Only problem here is that there is nothing 'special' about the song that makes this genre-simplism justified. The guitar didnt sound too impressive, nor did the beat. The song didnt stray fromt the original melody, save a tad at the end.

I think more work can be displayed in this kind of song.

Also, I would like to see more songs in the 4-6 minute range, is it really so hard?

oh yea, I almost forgot

NO

Definatly a very cool idea for a mix. I think this was executed about

as well as you could expect given the fact that it's not really real

instruments. This sounds like a top notch S3M from 1996, save for some

needed EQing up in the highend.

I really dig the retro arrangement feel, but I dont think that's the intention,

and really isn't something that has a place on OCR I don't think.

NO