Freshly Baked ReMixer Challenge 2008 (Phase 3: Match-Ups, Mixing, March 16th Deadline

Ramaniscence

I might as well give this a shot. Can we suggest songs yet, or is that another phase?

The Challenges:

Following Phase 1, there will be a 1 week period where any forum user can submit challenges. Be it from a game, or a specific song. Challengers MUST include a source tune for reference and ALL CHALLENGERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO NOT PICK SONGS THAT'RE TOO OBSCURE . This is merely a suggestion as the easier it is for a remixer to get a midi, or familiarity with a song, the more likely the finished project will be a quality piece of work. During Phase 2 each user is only allowed 1 challenge. ReMixers already in the challenge are allowed to issue challenges themselves.

Current Status:

• Phase 2: Sunday, Febuary 3rd - Saturday, Febuary 9nd, 23:59PM EST

Pretty much.

The Legendary Beast from Final Fantasy VIII when you are fighting Griever in the final four battles at the end of disc 4. I've yet to hear a remix out of this song and there is so much potential for bombastic evil-ness from this song. I'd love to hear a wretched remix (in a good way) come out of this song!

Sorry about that, here are some source tunes. (not officially, but what I could find from vgmusic.com that are fairly close)

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/sony/ps1/the_legendary_beast.mid

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/sony/ps1/ff8beast.mid

First one is a tad better. Again, I'd love to finally see a remix of this one, no one on earth (that I've seen) has tried this one yet.

You know, I've been wanting to get into the remixing scene. This would be a great excuse for me to learn the basics...

... If it were held in the summer. You're starting this at the beginning of a college semester, so I can't devote the time right now. :sad:

QFT. QFT so hard.

CHALLENGE: Chrono Trigger Boss Theme 1. Despite the ridiculous amount of CT mixes I have never seen this track get its due. Include background arpeggios from original in the mix.

Source tune.

MIDIs.