Freshly Baked ReMixer Challenge 2008 (Phase 3: Match-Ups, Mixing, March 16th Deadline

Ramaniscence

Hi everyone. Happy Sunday. I'd like to take a break from my washing of clothes and making of beef jerky to introduce the following request:

Game: Little Nemo - The Dream Master

Track: Dream 6 - The Cloud Ruins

Song Link: http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/nes/nemo6.mid

Youtube video and song (when viewing the video, click on the halfway point below the video to skip to Cloud Ruins):

Background: This game is an overlooked (and excellent) Capcom game about a little kid (a.k.a. Nemo) who goes to the land of dreams to save a princess from the "Nightmare King". Each level varies greatly from the other, and each track has really catchy music. The Cloud Ruins level has Nemo fighting badguys on the rooftops, then ascending clouds into an abondoned city in the sky, then eventually falling back to earth again. I think that's pretty cool.

Well, that's it. Thanks for viewing/considering/remixing. Peace.

Game: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

System: XBOX

Song: The Sith

Composer: Jeremy Soule

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWUaf6Z7tDo (after the, uh... excessive... intro)

Zophar's Domain: Track 47 and Track 15 http://roms.zophar.net/mp3/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-pc-soundtrack

MIDI: none...

The Youtube clip has the march version of the song, while Zophar's Domain has the dramatic the-Sith-win-everything-and-now-the-universe-doomed ending version (Track 47), and the mysterious, melancholy version (Track 15) of the song. I think a menacing metal version would be awesome, but I'm just curious to see what people will do with it. Nobody has remixed Star Wars games, despite the abundance of non-movie songs that are in them...

Game: Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages

Songs: Either "Dungeon 3, Moonlit Grotto" or "Crescent Island", or both - plus any other songs from the game (in addition to one of the previous ones). This game has many songs that are very short, and quite catchy.

Source: http://www.zophar.net/download.php?file=gbs/zeldaooa.zip

(My version of ChipAmp cannot play Game Boy music for some reason, so I do not know the exact track names)

Midis: http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/gameboy/index-gr.html

"Level 3 - Moonlit Grotto" is a very inaccurate midi.

"Level 3 - Moonlit Grotto (2)" seems to be accurate, but has drums added on top that completely change its mood.

"Crescent Island" is inaccurate.

"Crescent Island (2)" sounds accurate to me.

"Tokay's House" - this song, along with the two themes I have requested, plays on Crescent Island; and this midi happens to sound accurate as well.

I'll provide MP3s if needed.

You should probably choose one of those just to be sure Rama doesn't ignore it...because we don't want that.

Also, I love you.

My request comes from Mario Kart DS:

DK Pass midi

As far as I know, I'm still eligible to suggest an OST...

Game: Novastorm

System: MS-Dos

Song: Mission 2

Composer: Rik Ede

Youtube:

(Starts at 3:34)

-It's the only thing out there at the moment-

Background: Novastorm is a rail shooter developed by Psygnosis in 1994. The basic premise is that humans got lazy, so the machines want to take over the world. The pilot of a ship called Scavanger 4 is supposed to go through massive levels and take out these huge war machines. Standard fair for the average hero. The actual game itself is a little cheesy - although the graphics were cutting edge for the time. The gem about this game, however, is it's music. It's mostly New Age, but it's really well done New Age...

I had played this game as a kid and really liked it. Granted, I rarely ever got as far as the level with the music I'm suggesting, but nevermind that. Anyway, I liked the music. The main problem with it is that it's really hard to find the soundtrack to it. I was very lucky to find the YouTube playthrough videos. I'm still looking for standalone OSTs, though.

You should probably choose one of those just to be sure Rama doesn't ignore it...because we don't want that.

Also, I love you.

DK Pass midi

I've already sent friendlyHunter a PM, and I'm awaiting a reply, BUT.............

The more work I have to do for your request, the more likely I am to put it off...and the more likely i am to forget about it...and the more likely it is to not get done. Not to mention that I might just flat out get annoyed. So before you just say "you can get a midi at Zophar or VGMusic" think about how badly you want to get that request filled, and put some effort in.

Not that this was the case with friendlyHunter, it's just something for anyone who's thinking about requesting to consider. The less work I have to do for YOUR request, the more I <3 you.

I've already sent friendlyHunter a PM, and I'm awaiting a reply, BUT.............

The more work I have to do for your request, the more likely I am to put it off...and the more likely i am to forget about it...and the more likely it is to not get done. Not to mention that I might just flat out get annoyed. So before you just say "you can get a midi at Zophar or VGMusic" think about how badly you want to get that request filled, and put some effort in.

Not that this was the case with friendlyHunter, it's just something for anyone who's thinking about requesting to consider. The less work I have to do for YOUR request, the more I <3 you.

And on that note, the more work I have to do for your request, the more I un-<3 you, but the more Rama doesn't know the difference. So please, think of the underlings. pCe

Also, I love you.

DK Pass midi

Oh, I hope it doesn't look like I'm requesting more than one remix - I mean to say that the remix I'm requesting can contain either song A or song B, or a medley with one or both included. Since the songs are short, it may be difficult to expand on only one source tune... but that's for the remixer to decide.

Oh, I hope it doesn't look like I'm requesting more than one remix - I mean to say that the remix I'm requesting can contain either song A or song B, or a medley with one or both included. Since the songs are short, it may be difficult to expand on only one source tune... but that's for the remixer to decide.

If memory serves correctly, Crescent Island was recently the source tune of a PRC... 98, I think...

Sorry to be a bother, but the "Moonlit Grotto" MP3 linked on page 1 totally has half of the instruments missing.

An mp3 with all the instruments can be found here, titled "AGES ~ Level 3, Moonlit Grotto (Shadow Hag)". However it downloads very slowly and is VERY LOUD for some reason, so turn your volume down to listen to it!

http://www.sound-test.org/soundtracks/the-legend-of-zelda/oracle-of-ages-and-seasons/

Alright, so I've been wanting to hear this one on OCR for a few years now, even wanted to remix it myself at one point, so I figured, now is as good a time as any to get it out there.

This one comes from, of course, Mega Man X. It's the Epilogue Theme from the end of the game that plays while X is standing on the cliff after having blown away Sigma and his base.

Sources:

Mega Man X Chiptune (Hosted here on OCR)

Ending #1 Midi (Hosted at VGMusic.com)

Ending #2 Midi (Hosted at VGMusic.com)

Ending #3 Midi (Hosted at VGMusic.com)

I hope that's enough sources for whoever gets this track.