Freshly Baked ReMixer Challenge 2008 (Phase 3: Match-Ups, Mixing, March 16th Deadline

Ramaniscence

How about extending the deadline on requests a few days and allowing 2 per person? It seems a solution capable of producing much more varied results on requested material than just you adding 20 other themes at your discretion, rama. :/

meh idc either way, so long as they aren't common final fantasy or chrono trigger tracks...this site's got enough of those ;)

I'm like to nominate NSF Track 5 of Tim Follin's Treasure Master to be arranged. It sounds like a weird Italian gondola ride.

You have to download this NSF for the proper track numbering: http://snesmusic.org/hoot/kingshriek/TreasureMaster.zip. There is no corresponding MIDI, by the way. Regardless, this track is highly flexible, IMO, and you'll also earn a spot on the Dirge for the Follin album provided you create a good mix of it.

How about extending the deadline on requests a few days and allowing 2 per person? It seems a solution capable of producing much more varied results on requested material than just you adding 20 other themes at your discretion, rama. :/

The only problem with that is, people are already eager to start mixing, and it took a week to get BARELY as many requests as mixers. Even if I let people get 2nd requests, a lot of the requests are already pretty difficult to make a mix of. I could easily fill it with another 20 mixes that'll not too complex and under remix just to get the ball rolling.

Unfortunately at this point the people had their chance to talk. I need to think about the mixers now.

Don't expect to see much post-SNES era.

Snes music (and stuff before it) is like the bread and butter of the remixer's meal. Excuse my subpar metaphor, but that being said,I agree with you Ramaniscence, because it's not as near as complex as modern video game music. And to quote Usa: "Video game music is, more often than not, like movie or cinematic music than actual game music nowadays." (something around those lines) And I agree with him. The point is...modern game music is a lot harder to emulate and remix; as well as it is a lot less enjoyable (for it seems to me that modern game music is pretty damned generic) - though God of War's music is pretty sweet, despite its cinematic-ness :D

Phase 2 (Song requests): Sunday, Febuary 3rd - Saturday, Febuary 9nd, 23:59PM EST

Just posting to say that I will have a request up by this deadline. Trying to decide between a few songs at the moment, so don't do anything like closing up shop and picking any other necessary tracks prematurely.