Freshly Baked ReMixer Challenge 2008 (Phase 3: Match-Ups, Mixing, March 16th Deadline

Ramaniscence

Alright, going to go with this one:

Mystic Ark - "Your Fighting Eyes Are Always Beautiful"

System: SNES

Composer: Akihiko Mori

SPC: http://www.quiteajolt.com/ocr/mark-226.spc

MIDI: http://www.quiteajolt.com/ocr/MysticArk_Mta_38.mid

This game has probably the best battle themes on the SNES (even better than Mystic Quest's!), as well as awesome music in general (because Akihiko Mori was a pimp, R.I.P.). This isn't my favorite track from the game, but you gotta take what you can get; I was surprised VGMusic had MIDIs in the first place. There's lots of material in this and tons of potential for someone who knows that they're doing.

I have the same question -- will we have to check the wiki, will we get a PM? What's the planned delivery method, Rama?

Likely via PM and in the thread and probably in ThaWiki too.

I thought the script was going to take remixer needs into account. Like, people who need MIDIs, stuff like that. I need a source with some kind of regular filetype, like midi or mp3. Or even youtube.

We've been discussing this as well. The script obviously won't be taking this into account, but we may be. This is the kind of thing I wanted to work on during this downtime.

Mixers WILL know in advance when the list is going to be coming.

Meanwhile, registering at thaSauce results in:

"José the Bronx Rican": "Illegal username..."

"Jose the Bronx Rican": "Illegal username..."

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

The site doesn't like spaces OR underscores as far as I remember, though I'm pretty sure we can force it in the database once you register.

/me puts that on the registration page into

I know this is one of the simplest tracks that's ever been requested...but since I really want to save Excitebike for myself at some future date I am going to request Tower of Stars from Chrono Cross. Incredibly minimalistic approaches or full orchestral suite--you be the judge.

As far as I know, I'm still eligible to suggest an OST...

Game: Novastorm

System: MS-Dos

Song: Mission 2

Composer: Rik Ede

Youtube:

(Starts at 3:34)

-It's the only thing out there at the moment-

Background: Novastorm is a rail shooter developed by Psygnosis in 1994. The basic premise is that humans got lazy, so the machines want to take over the world. The pilot of a ship called Scavanger 4 is supposed to go through massive levels and take out these huge war machines. Standard fair for the average hero. The actual game itself is a little cheesy - although the graphics were cutting edge for the time. The gem about this game, however, is it's music. It's mostly New Age, but it's really well done New Age...

I had played this game as a kid and really liked it. Granted, I rarely ever got as far as the level with the music I'm suggesting, but nevermind that. Anyway, I liked the music. The main problem with it is that it's really hard to find the soundtrack to it. I was very lucky to find the YouTube playthrough videos. I'm still looking for standalone OSTs, though.

I take it this was shot down...

btw, since when did YouTube videos play in the threads?

I take it this was shot down...

btw, since when did YouTube videos play in the threads?

To be honest, I really don't remember whether or not that one was discussed, it could've just fallen through, but I'll find out later. There's a still a chance we can throw it into the mix because.........

I'm pretty sure I can finalize this take 1 of the challenges. I'm still waiting on a few source tunes from Suzu, but that list should be ready to go out tomorrow-ish in a PM.

Stay tuned for further instructions.

To be honest, I really don't remember whether or not that one was discussed, it could've just fallen through, but I'll find out later. There's a still a chance we can throw it into the mix because.........

I'm pretty sure I can finalize this take 1 of the challenges. I'm still waiting on a few source tunes from Suzu, but that list should be ready to go out tomorrow-ish in a PM.

Stay tuned for further instructions.

just don't assign me that one Ramaniscence lol. I don't have decent samples to emulate new age, rock, etc. PLUS I need a midi for "inspiration" so... :(

CHALLENGES ARE AS FOLLOWS:

http://dougarley.thasauce.net/wow/ChallengesTake%201.rtf

PLEASE TELL US IF YOU MIX SHOULD BE LOCKED IN, OR RE-ROLLED.

If you would like to re-roll your song, please let us know BEFORE midnight tonight PST so that we can have challenges FINALIZED by Midnight tomorrow and start the mixing phase.

Please remember that there are a limited amount of songs, and that even if you re-roll, you may still end up with a hard (if not harder) song.

Accepted challenges will be added to the first post.

CHALLENGES ARE AS FOLLOWS:

http://dougarley.thasauce.net/wow/ChallengesTake%201.rtf

PLEASE TELL US IF YOU MIX SHOULD BE LOCKED IN, OR RE-ROLLED.

If you would like to re-roll your song, please let us know BEFORE midnight tonight PST so that we can have challenges FINALIZED by Midnight tomorrow and start the mixing phase.

Please remember that there are a limited amount of songs, and that even if you re-roll, you may still end up with a hard (if not harder) song.

I WOULD RIKE MINE TO BE ROCKED IN