Freshly Baked ReMixer Challenge 2008 (Phase 3: Match-Ups, Mixing, March 16th Deadline

Ramaniscence

Anyone who thinks they're done and wants to request another song is fine so long as you submit your song to be arbited so that we can tell you didn't just do a quick half-assed midi rip and moved on to another song. A COMPLETED song is a polished and completed work.

In other words...

...your song should sound ON PAR with what Suzumebachi's wip will sound like when IT is completed.

=P

Everyone asking for a reroll without technical reasons fails at life. Just saying.

:P

Well, we all remember what happened to Gold Leader..

Gold Leader: IT'S NO GOOD, I CAN'T MANEUVER!

Gold Five: Stay on target.

Gold Leader: WE'RE TOO CLOSE!

Gold Five: Stay on target!

Gold Leader: LOOSEN UP!11!!111

Gold Five: Gold Five to Red leader, lost Tiree, lost Dutch [Gold Leader].

Dutch was forced to lock in against his better judgment.

*checks pizza*

Difficulty. More HARD requests than SKILLED mixers. Submissions had to be padded to ensure first time mixers were less likely to get stuck with stuff they couldn't handle.

I wish that had been caught before request time was over then. My request wasn't in blue or anything so I assumed it was fine. But if it was too difficult you should have told me and I would have picked something else.

Anyone who thinks they're done and wants to request another song is fine so long as you submit your song to be arbited so that we can tell you didn't just do a quick half-assed midi rip and moved on to another song. A COMPLETED song is a polished and completed work.

=P

so in other words the next mixes I do are unofficial :P (well theres no way I'm only working on production for 1 song for a whole month)

"Half-assed?" I think not... needs processing though :\

He's not asking you to devote your life to it... we just don't want to see midi rips for this project. Someone has challenged you to remix a song they love, just give it the same justice you hope for someone to give your song. <3

Oh I'm not being snippy or anything about it, its just that my usual work process is major structural layout in 3-4 sessions, then all the processing/ornaments over the next months. I dont remix seriously often, I just saw this as a good way to get me focused on it, for a period with a purpose (sating others requests). Otherwise I have no drive to mix: game music isnt sentimental for me, its just a challenge.

And comon, an opportunity to pimp a WIP out in a popular thread... who says no! :D

EDIT: and the thought of MIDI-ripping makes me sterile for extended periods of time :<

EDIT2: HEY!! thats not the smiley I wanted! SADFACE! SADFACE!!

I acchhhept. I'll lock in on that Rocket Knight joint,

although any melody's virtually non-existent here,

making the task somewhat difficult.

My God, that MIDI... converters are never any good.

Lucky I can get a .vgz file, and I own the game too.

For those that don't know, give up on .gym's altogether,

and get your Genny chippers from Project 2612.

When this is done, I might even do a GOOD MIDI of the original.

Huzzah!

and then i typed some more.

It took so long to do the match-ups because we had to evaluate all the songs, and see who are mixers were, and see how everything was going to work out.

I don't understand why that couldn't have been going on during the requests period, but I'll assume there was a good reason for it (for now). Rather, when you did discover it was too hard, why not contact me then and tell me to submit something else? It's only fair, I think. It ensures no one is left out in the cold.

Oh I'm not being snippy or anything about it, its just that my usual work process is major structural layout in 3-4 sessions, then all the processing/ornaments over the next months. I dont remix seriously often, I just saw this as a good way to get me focused on it, for a period with a purpose (sating others requests). Otherwise I have no drive to mix: game music isnt sentimental for me, its just a challenge.

And comon, an opportunity to pimp a WIP out in a popular thread... who says no! :D

EDIT: and the thought of MIDI-ripping makes me sterile for extended periods of time :<

EDIT2: HEY!! thats not the smiley I wanted! SADFACE! SADFACE!!

I don't understand why that couldn't have been going on during the requests period, but I'll assume there was a good reason for it (for now). Rather, when you did discover it was too hard, why not contact me then and tell me to submit something else? It's only fair, I think. It ensures no one is left out in the cold.

V___'s 2nd challenge is Chrono Trigger Boss Battle. Everyone happy now?