Freshly Baked ReMixer Challenge 2008 (Phase 3: Match-Ups, Mixing, March 16th Deadline

Ramaniscence

I don't think you understand how Subversion works then, because it does exactly what you just described. There would be minimal, if any, extra CPU cycles, especially if all you use is Tortoise SVN. SVN is a versioning system: you basically make a repository (a place to store data; the setup is really easy), add an empty project to the repository, and check the project out. You can then add files to the project and commit your changes to the repository. SVN is only active in the process when you actively invoke it; it's not something that'll sit and monitor all your changes. It works when you commit by comparing your working copy of the file to the latest version in the repository. So for your purposes, it'd be a bit of setup, and then you'd commit changes as frequently as you like. You wouldn't want to change the filenames each time you commit; instead, you can see the history for a single file and can revert to the committed version of your choice. You also can add a comment with your commit to describe the changes you've made, so something like "Added a bass solo" would make it easier for you to find the version you wanted than remembering that you added the solo in "CT Remix - Tyrano's Lair 03.cpr".

Take it or leave it, but from using it both for personal use and in a team at work, I'd be very comfortable having Tortoise SVN as one of the only processes running alongside my DAW, both for stability and CPU cycles.

I just discovered a really disturbing problem in Sonar 6 PE yesterday. It seems in the majority of my projects some of the plugins have just stopped working. I can load them but they make no sound whatsoever. z3ta seems to be the most common one but I've also noticed it in Stormdrum and Sytrus. I'm at a loss. Nothing gets them working, I have to delete them and add them anew. It's rendered most of my project files virtual useless.

I just discovered a really disturbing problem in Sonar 6 PE yesterday. It seems in the majority of my projects some of the plugins have just stopped working. I can load them but they make no sound whatsoever. z3ta seems to be the most common one but I've also noticed it in Stormdrum and Sytrus. I'm at a loss. Nothing gets them working, I have to delete them and add them anew. It's rendered most of my project files virtual useless.

holy shit. You better bitch to customer support and ask for a refund or something, cuz that's pretty brutal man. (unless of course it's pirated)

holy shit. You better bitch to customer support and ask for a refund or something, cuz that's pretty brutal man. (unless of course it's pirated)

It's not pirated, and I've owned it for a year and a half and never run into this problem. before that I had Sonar 3 and never had a problem. Maybe it's something I installed though frankly I have no idea how I'd figure out what.

Waaahgh! I was busy all of the last week and now I have like six days! And I have a bunch of things to do, too.

Whatever! I will try to get a thing in time! It will be okay, probably! But I can't promise it'll be super long and amazing.

Hoo boy.