Freshly Baked ReMixer Challenge 2008 (Phase 3: Match-Ups, Mixing, March 16th Deadline

Ramaniscence

Ok, so heres what happened:

I started my MMX tune again, by copying the chord progression (1 1 4 5). I then proceeded to grow on this. I then added new material. Then for the duration of the production I forgot I was remxing another song.

On the positive, the new song sounds AWESOME (sample: http://vmeissner.googlepages.com/MMXXA.mp3)

The ochrono trigger one (nicknamed 'oh hello failed synths') has been uploaded as an entry

I was assigned Mega Man X2 - X-Hunter Stage 1 and X-Hunter Stage 2 (two separate tracks on the OST).

Would it be possible for me to remix X-Hunter Stage 1 only? I'm rapidly running out of time and feel I could knock out a better remix of Stage 1 on its own.

That's OK, the request was Stage 1+2, instead of X Hunter 1 and 2. I thought it would be X Hunter 1 and 3 in the OST.

My request was X Hunter Stage 1.

Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust made deadline, and I'm pretty proud of the fact this work only took two weeks instead of the usual two years. I may have mastered it with much low-end and not enough mids, but it sounds pretty good. I really like the result, so I may re-master and submit here.

I dig it, does sound a bit flat though...maybe a bit empty aswell, but still creating something this funky from that source tune, props for that.

I think you know what you must do to eventually make it a josé classic...MAD KILLER VOCALS OH YEAEAAAAAAH.

Edit: Call me a cheap unoriginal fuck, but i think this thing would sound so much better if it was EQ'd exactly like the laptop speakers/headphones EQ preset on winamp.