Freshly Baked ReMixer Challenge 2008 (Phase 3: Match-Ups, Mixing, March 16th Deadline

Ramaniscence

All right I've uploaded my file here: http://www.fileshost.com/en/file/41194/Maverick-mp3.html

I'm kicking myself for missing the deadline, but as it's not a competition I don't think it matters too much. Although it is annoying that I can't upload to ThaSauce now. :/

ReMix title: The Maverick

Game: Mega Man X2

Track(s) remixed: X-Hunter Stage 1, with a little bit of X-Hunter Stage 2 thrown in.

As requested by Bundeslang.

Cheers.

All right I've uploaded my file here: http://www.fileshost.com/en/file/41194/Maverick-mp3.html

I'm kicking myself for missing the deadline, but as it's not a competition I don't think it matters too much. Although it is annoying that I can't upload to ThaSauce now. :/

ReMix title: The Maverick

Game: Mega Man X2

Track(s) remixed: X-Hunter Stage 1, with a little bit of X-Hunter Stage 2 thrown in.

As requested by Bundeslang.

Cheers.

How do you download it from this site Alex??

I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on my remix.

I nearly made boxer-babies. I was very pleasantly surprised by the outcome. I won't lie, at first I was all "wut? jmr? who's that? OSNAP ERANA'S PEACE IS PRY DEF GONNA GET SOME GENERIC DEFAULT FRUITYLOOPS TECHNO, ANOTHER RUINED ERANA'S PEACE REMIX!1~" But after hearing it my worries were certainly put to rest. Excellent work, you did a very classic game track justice, and for that I thank you.

Chrono Trigger - Tyrano Lair

Didn't finish, sorry mates. Too busy with paid work :| I'll post a link to the quick sketch track in the mean time, for anyone who was curious. Very preliminary, just generating ideas for arrangement. I still want to finish the track, just might not be any time soon.

http://www.orchetect.com/files/ocr/c066_b02.mp3

Steffan - Very impressive, I reeeeally hope you finish it! It was my roommates request - he was all sad that it wasn't finished and didn't get to the "good part," what you have so far is pretty phenomenal and there's great lead in to more. I'm likely going to just open a site to host the late entries since there are going to be so many (including my own)!

I'm gonna expand parts of mine, & edit out other parts. It's weird, now that I finished it, I have all this ideas I whish I had while I was making it in the first place.

Yeah Joker, it's nice and all, but I think the original feel got kinda swept aside almost completely. But the trick-drum style is purty sexy nonetheless. I hope your finished product from the song is better :D

I've been trying to follow along as best as I could; but it seems I've fallen behind the times in the past few days (weeks?). SSBB came out, and I've been brawling like nuts. I checked out ThaSauce (great stuff, guys) and it sadly appears that there's about 17 mixes up there or something like that. What happened the whopping amount of others? There's not enough posts of people saying "@*$!, had to drop out", etc...so I'm not sure if this is now dead and we're not to expect anymore results from the other challenges.

Anyone higher up within the "scheme" have some facts for me and the lurkers?

I hardly expected everyone to finish. I'm actually kind of suprised as many paople got as far as they did. A lot of people got solid WIPs and just haven't finished yet, which is nice. There was a bit of an outcry for an extension, but really I see little point to that. The idea of the challenge was to be a challenge, and I didn't want to make the work of the people that finished in the month any less valid for actually meeting that challenge.

I think it's really awesome that a lot of people are up to the idea of working on their mixes past the deadline, and I'm really glad that the competition was able to give them a solid foundation to build on. I'm open to some sort of Freshly Baked remixer Follow-Up if people deem it nessacary to make sure they actually FINISH, but only if that's the case =P

I hardly expected everyone to finish. I'm actually kind of suprised as many paople got as far as they did. A lot of people got solid WIPs and just haven't finished yet, which is nice. There was a bit of an outcry for an extension, but really I see little point to that. The idea of the challenge was to be a challenge, and I didn't want to make the work of the people that finished in the month any less valid for actually meeting that challenge.

I think it's really awesome that a lot of people are up to the idea of working on their mixes past the deadline, and I'm really glad that the competition was able to give them a solid foundation to build on. I'm open to some sort of Freshly Baked remixer Follow-Up if people deem it nessacary to make sure they actually FINISH, but only if that's the case =P

Do I get a freshly baked cookie for submitting my song in first, corrupt flp or not :D?