OCR01676 - Gran Turismo 3 A-spec "Cruise Control"

djpretzel

• 3 weeks later...

You know what I really, really hate about Joshua Morse & company remixes? Whenever one of them is posted, its awesomeness overshadows everything else on the front page.

In other words, great work. I really dig the style your songs have (the older remixes here, your recent album Hybridism etc), and this is right up my alley. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

I'm not familiar with the source material, but this remix makes me want to be. Nice, smooth groove with some jazz and light jazz/pop. I gravitate towards this type of groove a little moreso than others, just reminds me of professionally done music that you might hear on some random internet jazz radio. Nice remix here!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Needs more solos.

Seriously, this is some very fresh, funky jazz. I like that the leads are loud and that much more distinct from the backing. I think it defines more dimension to the mix. In the slower, non-solo parts, I'm reminded of Neskavartan's awesome Zelda stuff; not a bad thing to sound like.

I've never considered Gran Turismo to be musically significant, but now that I have this mix on my mind, I'm definately curious to investigate it.

Anyways, successful collaboration yielding some astounding results, as per usual. Doesn't get much cooler than this right here.

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01676 - Gran Turismo 3 A-spec "Cruise Control"