OCR00903 - Last Blade 2 "Kizukaseru"

djpretzel

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Even though I've never played this, I had the great fortune of having this appear first on my playlist after shuffling it [and thus just now heard it all the way through for the first time], and I would just like to say that this is truly beautiful.

The intro piano sounds almost watery... Quite enough to wet anyone's pants to, ;) and the sounds that accompany it are just amazing. The climax is breathtaking, with the bells, violin and quiet bass... This is definately the kind of mix where you just stop whatever you're doing to look at your playlist thinking, "What is this? This is some of the best music I've heard! Whoever made this had better be rich within the next five years, or I am going to stab someone."

In short, excellent job. It's certainly one of my favorites.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is, without a doubt, my favorite game remix ever. With headphones on and eyes closed, this arrangement takes you on an unforgettable journey in sound. Though this piece is sweeping and dreamlike, it never gets repetitive nor does it drag on like other "relaxing" remixes. Kizukaseru is really quite the opposite, evolving and building on its ride towards a heavenly climax, where it leaves its passengers in an elevated state. The emotions it evokes don't diminish with repeated play, which is testament to its power and polish.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow, sweet stuff. I'm sure a lot of people prob would never hear this since it's from a lesser known game, but damn. This is emotional, provactative, and the composition are oh so sweet and catchy.

Great synth design and soundscape, great arrangement fleshing out new ideas all the time, this is really something worth listening too. It's sad Unipulator has only had 2 remixes, but they are oh so sweet. Thanks for the music dude.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Everything floats thanks to plenty of reverb applied to atmospheric samples. It's like it's illustrating the weather: rolling clouds, light rain, and sun rays piercing through. Specifically, the bell+harp slowdown (0:42-1:06) is playful and pure, like drops of water or ripples in a pond. I also get a Secret of Mana vibe from the blippy, cross-panned synths at 2:32, the church bells (like in The Orphan of the Storm), and the drums at 3:32.

Kizukaseru isn't just heavenly, it IS the heavens. Graceful and serene.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Our first mix from Unipulator. Amazing piano intro. Lots of verb, but not too much. Just the right amount to set the tone. The glockenspiel was a really nice addition that helped changed the dynamic. The crazy synth transition was sudden, but I really liked it. And OMG, that bass line; LOVE it! It's something straight out of Sidekicks, the old Chuck Norris film. Major nostalgia props there! This has a great mellow vibe to it. I feel my tension and stress falling away! The gated synth helps drive the big breakdown. Even tho the marcato stings that come in are high synthetic, they seem to fit into the soundscape really well. I love the church/orchestra bells. The heavier acoustic drums helped drive that section of mix even more. And somehow, he seamlessly transitions into another very soft part that ends the song wonderfully! It's like something that I would hear in Flower, but its slightly more aggressive. It creates a wonderful vibe all the way through. The awesomeness is in the details for sure. Very nice work!!

• 3 months later...

I love finding little gems like this that randomly come about through shuffle on my music player <3 <3 <3 Don't think I could have found a better fit to my night drive on the way home with snow everywhere and a starry sky. The beginning is absolutely encompassing with that sliding instrument (lap guitar, dulcimer?). I can always admire such a simple touch that's implemented so well; especially with that piano. The whole atmosphere is wonderful. That bass is exactly what I was waiting for! I dig the chimes towards the end. They bring about feelings of revelation for me.

You really know how to arrange your sections and make the transition from one to the next. Thank you for this.

I used to not like this mix way back when and I really have no idea why. I've listened to it many times since then. It's so delicately arranged, and every choice that's made throughout is thoughtful and deliberate. That is very, very hard to do, and requires a lot of sensitivity and attention to detail. People could learn a lot about how to arrange something with genuine feeling and a sense of purpose (especially with a very limited set of sounds) by listening to this guy's two mixes.

• 4 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00903 - Last Blade 2 "Kizukaseru"
  • 7 years later...