OCR00904 - Lotus Turbo Challenge 2 "Turbo Challenge 2K3"

djpretzel

Hello,

I've been surfing the net like I do every so often and then I saw this Lotus 2 ReMix... All I can say is "Wow! It r0x0rz my s0x0rz" :P

Well, this being my first post on this board please excuse my n00bish lameness, but this is a real cool ReMix of the main theme of Lotus 2 of which I've always been a fan of in this game, since Amiga days. (ah, the nostalgia...)

Cyborg Jeff did a great job remixing this piece of candy after the Fury of the Furries ReMixes that also rock. :)

Get it now, if you haven't already! :wink:

Lovin the samples used in this. They really add a lot. This is some great, high-energy, sugary sweet, electronic tunage. Put together skillfully and very enjoyable. I like. Maybe a bit repetitive, but I can deal with hearing the same theme over and over because it's good. Quite good. Fury of the Furries mix was awesome too. Good work Mr. Jeff.

I am loving this tune, takes me back to the days of cream and amnesia, proper danceygoodness, fully true to the original but expanded to what the original 4 channels of 8 bit couldn`t do, love the little hoovery builds and cheeky drops. not the perfect mix, i think the midrange and top end could do with being a bit more upfront and the engine samples (from the game i believe) could do with being filtered/eqd slightly, but they are minor quibbles on what is a great track. get yer driving shades on 8) and download it now.

Finally! I loved the original.... I remember pumping up the volume on my amiga and letting the title music loop for an entire day.... hahah. Those where the days.

And uh.. I've thought a lot of remixing this theme myself, but now there's no need for it. This is exactly the way I would have wanted it to sound anyway. Great work, Jeff! My current OC favourite.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

first 0:20-0:25 seconds are OLR material :lol:

I admit that someone can want to close winamp and delete the file, but if you manage to resist...

then the mix developes in a good way :)

a lot of original creative arrangements here and there. pretty long remix, but not annoying.

with a lot of cars near the middle of the song OMG M I rite?

speed limit is 375mph

• 2 years later...

I've had this mix for a few years now and it's a fun listen. The intro radio station selecting is pretty cool, and once the song starts, it's a decent, but nothing really jumps out at me as being amazing or particularly catchy. For background ambiance it's exceptional, but for active listening it falls a little short.

Definitely good enough to keep on my playlist though. :-)

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
Anyone know the second intro / radio song? Sounds catchy.

Thanks.

That's an original demoscene song by Laxity (Thomas E. Petersen) called "The Alibi." Pretty sure that's the version played through Vibrants though (http://youtu.be/sXto5fBFC1E), as it's definitely not the the SID chip original.

Over at Remix.Kwed.Org, moog made an awesome smooth version as well: http://remix.kwed.org/?search_id=3048 - All of moog's material on R:K:O is worth checking out.

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00904 - Lotus Turbo Challenge 2 "Turbo Challenge 2K3"