Looking for video editing software

Raziellink

I recently got a school assignment where i have to create a parfum/cosmetic line. Not the parfum itself, but certain things involving commercials and ads.

Now i know everybody in my class isn't going to give two shits about it, so i am gonna take a chance and shoot a video, outclassing the rest of them (trust me, i've got some grade A assholes in my class). However, i need to edit that video, and i am not in the possession of any software capable of that.

What do you guys recommend i should use? I am not searching for something high end, just a simple program that will allow me to do smooth transitions, and color editing.

I recently got a school assignment where i have to create a parfum/cosmetic line. Not the parfum itself, but certain things involving commercials and ads.

Now i know everybody in my class isn't going to give two shits about it, so i am gonna take a chance and shoot a video, outclassing the rest of them (trust me, i've got some grade A assholes in my class). However, i need to edit that video, and i am not in the possession of any software capable of that.

What do you guys recommend i should use? I am not searching for something high end, just a simple program that will allow me to do smooth transitions, and color editing.

Windows Movie Maker.

Wax 2.0. It's a little buggy, but it works better than any other freeware video editor I've found.

Also, yes, if you just need the basics, and control over the output format isn't a big deal to you, just use Movie Maker.

Agreed. Windows Movie Maker is probably you best bet for availability too. Personal issues I have with it is that audio isn't always synced with video when importing from an outside source like a miniDV. Since it's only for a commercial and not some dialogue heavy material, you should be okay.

• 3 weeks later...