Steam + nvidia = Free Portal

1337 1

For those of you who don't hate steam and own a nvidia video card, they're offering free games for download via steam. I know a lot of you out there hate it, but considering one of the games for download is Portal: The First Slice (which seems more of a demo, but at 11 levels, that's pretty good considering its portal 8-)).

www.steamgames.com/nvidia

I reckon this was a great way for me to wake up :) I'm curious about the HL2 Deathmatch I got with it...

EDIT: Yes, I am aware of how some of the items are free if you already own XYZ. However, this thread was aimed at those who DON'T have them.

So, basically, you meant to say "Steam + nvidia = Free Portal Demo"? Not very impressive, really.

No, considering how many levels there are in the FULL Portal, 11 seemed to be quite a bit more than I expected. I think its good especially here in Australia because it gives us a way to play it (considering the Orange Box is $100, and everyone talks about how awesome Portal is).

HOWEVER, Portal: The First Slice isn't all you get; you also get HL2 Lost Coast, HL2 Deathmatch, and Peggle Extreme (behold, the ultimate novelty time waster!)

The title "Steam + nvidia = Free Portal" was used simply because "Steam giving out free games for all with nvidia video cards, including an 11 level demo of Portal" was a tad long winded.

The specific details are for the main article. First rule of journalism: get their attention first :)

Besides, its free, and you don't need to buy anything, so for steam, its actually pretty decent. I'm just happy I get free stuffs :)

Does the Orange Box really cost that much over there? I've found it at the same price as any regular game, and plan to pick it up next week.

That pretty much IS the normal release price for a game in Australia (Unless it's PS3, which is like $120), and interestingly enough, I just bought myself The Orange Box for $99.95 earlier today.

... and from the title of this thread, I was about ready to start kicking myself, since the main reason I bought it was for Portal and if I could've gotten the full thing for free... Fortunately or un-, that's not the case, so no kicking need occur.

That pretty much IS the normal release price for a game in Australia (Unless it's PS3, which is like $120), and interestingly enough, I just bought myself The Orange Box for $99.95 earlier today.

... and from the title of this thread, I was about ready to start kicking myself, since the main reason I bought it was for Portal and if I could've gotten the full thing for free... Fortunately or un-, that's not the case, so no kicking need occur.

Yep, that's right. Admittedly, I bought the orange box off steam, so it cost just over $50.

However, a few of my friends are somewhat...unemployed. They want the orange box, but are too busy pretending to study to get a job, and so either way they can't afford it :P

They were all too glad to pick up Portal: the First Slice.

That's the name of the free one. Yes, that's right, for all of those whom came here expecting the full version free, that cake is a LIE!!! omfg!!!

(I never thought anyone to actually expect to read this and get the FULL version of Portal. Although, then again, I should know better after the events of one particular thread):

http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13438&highlight=cec%2Alia

For all my doubts, I got it yesterday...:P

I guess there really is such thing as a free lunch. :)!!