Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

So wolf is confirmed as the 35th character and hopefully not a Fox clone

[spoilers]

Considering he has a red landmaster for his final smash, I'm going to assume he is. I did read something about him being a Snake Clone, which I think could work well, actually.

[/spoilers]

Also, do we know yet what icon #19 on the Dojo is?

The Smash Bros Dojo updates, this week, sound like it was the last "daily update" week... All the vault, the starter music list, the starter character screen... I know the game is released tomorrow in Japan, but do American people and us, poor f*** Europeans will get spoil next week ? Like walkthroughs, secrets, etc...

(EDIT : Good job, Arek)

So, does anyone have a list of the available Assist Trophies?

Really curious about that one.

ATs I don't want spoiled for me. I would definitely rather be completely surprised when whatever random character that I remember from my youth pops out.

I got my hands on a few music clips from the game. 7 total, four of which are from the Kirby series. Obviously, not everything is orchestrated, in fact, with the line up they have, I doubt many are, but they don't sound too bad now that they aren't horribly compressed. Some still sound obviously MIDI (the Halberd in particular with it's brassy instruments), but really not too bad considering the quantity that we're getting and the fact that, if you don't like it, you can just turn it off.

Oh, the LTTP Darkworld... me likey.

ATs I don't want spoiled for me. I would definitely rather be completely surprised when whatever random character that I remember from my youth pops out.

I got my hands on a few music clips from the game. 7 total, four of which are from the Kirby series. Obviously, not everything is orchestrated, in fact, with the line up they have, I doubt many are, but they don't sound too bad now that they aren't horribly compressed. Some still sound obviously MIDI (the Halberd in particular with it's brassy instruments), but really not too bad considering the quantity that we're getting and the fact that, if you don't like it, you can just turn it off.

Oh, the LTTP Darkworld... me likey.

What vid played it? I keep coming up with the same vids I've seen over and over again.

EDIT: I forgot to say, Awesome job Arek. I really like what you did to start the thread off. Lets just hope no starts spamming.

[spoilers]

It's up at the top with the font tools. It's a drop down box. Please fix your post.

Dude. Fixed it by deleting, like anyone had doubts about him anyway, but... Can't find the font and color tool. I get nothing there. I used to... Could it be firefox? i doubt it. Could I have a detailed description where they should be. Damn feel like a noob. I used to know where they were but....

/shame/

What vid played it? I keep coming up with the same vids I've seen over and over again.

They were actually MP3s. I didn't keep them, I just gave them a quick listen out of curiosity.

Dude. Fixed it by deleting, like anyone had doubts about him anyway, but... Can't find the font and color tool. I get nothing there. I used to... Could it be firefox? i doubt it. Could I have a detailed description where they should be. Damn feel like a noob. I used to know where they were but....

/shame/

Thank you. A spoiler is still a spoiler after all.

I use Firefox as well, and they show up fine. it should look like this:

Reply.png

Change it to Standard Editor

THANK YOU!

Finally :D

Ontopic.

I'm baffled about Starwolf. Not that i don't like him but... Three characters from a game that Nintendo practically gave up on. No Mii with a standard moveset that only changes it's face, no second F zero character. Very strange. I mean... 3 Starfox versus 1 Fzero. Picolo is at least as mainstream and well known a character as Wolf.

Strange choice...

And Ganon a clone???? Are you sure? That i can't believe, I recall Sakurai saying he got rid of clones...

So the Landmaster has become quite the internet meme lol/

Luigi's FS:

ZA... WARUDO!

MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA!

During Luigi's FS, Falco or Fox get a FS:

*Landmaster drops on those stuck in timestop, and Luigi jumps on top*

WRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

I cannot wait for someone to do this, and if that fails I'll do it myself.

5: You cannot use created stages in the online mode.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3165726

Wow... That is downright strange. So when me and my friends design wacky stages we must visit each other, and for everything else we can go online? But we can send them to nintendo? so there is no technical difficulty? Why the exclusion? Can anyone disprove or clarify this 1up statement?

5: You cannot use created stages in the online mode.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3165726

Wow... That is downright strange. So when me and my friends design wacky stages we must visit each other, and for everything else we can go online? But we can send them to nintendo? so there is no technical difficulty? Why the exclusion? Can anyone disprove or clarify this 1up statement?

for some reason nintendo is completely paranoid about people using ANY form of communication with people they don't know online, so I guess they're afraid people could design stages in a way that could say something. if they got any more paranoid about that they'd probably just not do online play altogether because people might develop some sort of code of communication by how they move their character in the game or something, haha

man, it sure sucks that nintendo is GAY, huh

And here I thought there would finally be a good thread about Brawl that would at least try to keep spoilers marked. I guess that was too much for you guys. A little white text every now and again is too hard for you. Don't think I didn't see that remark about Samus being the only "playable" rep of Metroid in Brawl!

Well, screw that, eh? I suppose I'll add this to my "internet places to avoid until march 9th" list. So long, and thanks for not doing spoiler tags like you're supposed to.:roll:

Ok ok, spoiler tags ahoy.

[character/stage spoilers]

Ok so upon watching this video for more than the 5 seconds I had before work reveals that yes, Ganondorf is less clone-y than before. Unfortunately whoever played him sucked the big one, so we can only see a few moves. His down smash and (I think) his strong down are still the same as Falcon's, but his up special is different. Right after one of the pirate ships' bombs explodes on him he appears to do (but not complete) his dair, which is the same as before. Right afterwards I think he does a fair, which is also the same as before. What I really want to see are his special moves.

He's still a slow and heavy character, which is really lame because we've now seen, in both WW and TP, that he's an agile fighter. Right now he appears to be, more or less, still a clone of the Captain, which I think there's no excuse for (unlike, say, Wolf or Falco), since we've seen his fighting style in other games already, and this isn't it.

So I guess WW Ganondorf is a boss for WW Link?

EDIT: Oh and Dragon Roost Isle theme for the fucking WIN.

[/character/stage spoilers]