Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

So you gotta do 1 of the 3 things to unlock him?

5 brawl matches, fight him, unlocked.

Reflect 10 projectiles, fight him, unlocked.

Or get him in your party in the SE and unlocked.

Did I get that right?

Yup. If you get him in SE, he is automatically unlocked, but if you get him the other ways, you have to have him join you the old fashioned way by kicking his ass.

Yeah. You know what I think? I think that there were so many people griping about not having Ice Climbers, Ness, or whoever else that they were scared to put new characters in the game. I mean, why would you prioritize so many old characters over new ones when there is already a game that has those old characters? Ice Climbers are more obscure than Midna is, for sure. People love Midna. She's the coolest character Nintendo has conjured up this decade. Rob? Rob sucks. I have Rob at my house. He's a great decoration, and that's about it.

* Goes off and punches baby in the face.

Yeah. You know what I think? I think that there were so many people griping about not having Ice Climbers, Ness, or whoever else that they were scared to put new characters in the game. I mean, why would you prioritize so many old characters over new ones when there is already a game that has those old characters? Ice Climbers are more obscure than Midna is, for sure. People love Midna. She's the coolest character Nintendo has conjured up this decade. Rob? Rob sucks. I have Rob at my house. He's a great decoration, and that's about it.

* Goes off and punches baby in the face.

I agree with everything here except the baby punching. That and they fact that they kept so many clone characters is disappointing. Slapping the WW skin on Link doesn't make a new character. Changing slight differences in how moves work doesn't make a character not a clone (Ness/Lucas). I'm really quite disappointed with the final lineup due to Ness, Falco/Wolf, and WW Link. That and Ganondorf moves around like a frakking woman.

i couldn't agree more, the linup is just a rehash to me. i don't mind that melee chars came back but i think most of them should have been completely new chars. do you think that that really is the final roster? could there be more? everyone seems to think not, but truth be told the linup seems kinda small especially since originall we were promised 40+ chars originally. i hope it's just the tip of the iceburg and people just haven't had enough time to unlock everything. i personally think midna and wolf link would have been great additions :mrgreen:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I haven't been following Brawl much during development. Sure i checked the Dojo occasionally and was happy when they put Olimar in the game. But this "final" roster seems pretty shit to me. I was expecting a lot more. I think the Casual Smash fans may be disapointed yet the Hardcore will still find the game they love.

I wouldn't say that Sonic looks boring other than that his speed had to be drastically reduced for him to be viable. I think his constant charging attacks should be pretty fun and unconventional.

You know, Sonic isn't that fast in the games. Comic books and cartoon series' aside, at best he runs about as fast as the original Volkswagen Beetle. 60 MPH and not a yard per second faster. Given all the obstacles he has to navigate on top of that....

His speed hasn't been reduced in the slightest. Play the damn games, fool.

I haven't been following Brawl much during development. Sure i checked the Dojo occasionally and was happy when they put Olimar in the game. But this "final" roster seems pretty shit to me. I was expecting a lot more. I think the Casual Smash fans may be disapointed yet the Hardcore will still find the game they love.

I think what happened was we allowed ourselves to create sky-high expectations for this game and thought they the developers would throw in every wacky idea they thought of too. Then this leak brought us all back down to earth and left us all feeling let down, even though it was almost entirely our own doing.

I think what happened was we allowed ourselves to create sky-high expectations for this game and thought they the developers would throw in every wacky idea they thought of too. Then this leak brought us all back down to earth and left us all feeling let down, even though it was almost entirely our own doing.

QFT + 10cl

Yeah, I was kind of disappointed at first, but then I realized that most of my favorite video game characters were in. Samus, Snake, Link, Mario, and Sonic?! And believe it or not, I've been wanting Pit to be playable since the first Smash Bros. came out. Really the only other character I could have wanted would be Mega Man, and I knew that was a long shot. When I looked at the roster this way, I realized that this game was going to be amazing regardless. Who cares if Wolf is a lot like Fox? I'll be playing Samus. ROB's a waste of space? I've still got Pit. The only problem with this game is the release date. If you complain about that, I'll understand, but anything else at this point and you're being silly. :)!!

I'm actually really glad for Ness and Lucas. Ness is my main but I've always thought that it'd be fun if there were some different things about him and Lucas brings an opportunity to play Ness with some different aspects. Also, Pit looks like a lot of fun and I called WW Link from a long time ago, so I'm really satisfied with this roster.

I wish I knew where to find the thread, but a while back Antonio Pizza was comparing his excitement for marriage to his excitement for SMB3. We get excited/hyped up for games that won't meet our expectations when we finally get it. It isn't due to the game being worse, it's just that we start getting our hopes and wishes mixed up with the hard facts. Plus, you should have still fun with the game, because it's the same game that you wanted right when it was announced.

Edit: On a different note, I'm amazed at how well the CP can handle custom stages. (Jigglypuff FS at the end)