Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

Brawl's rendition is fun, but no one will ever be able to top Star Fox Assault's Star Wolf theme.

EDIT: Incidentally... why didn't they just use that same rendition? Honestly, there's no way you can match the orchestrated awesomeness of Assault's Star Wolf, without doing some heavy remixing, which they didn't really do.

First, I've never played Assault. Now I guess I'll pick it up, because that arrangement is amazing, and full orchestration is my big weakness. Secondly, someone commented on that video that both versions would be in Brawl. Anyone know if this is true?http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/music/music22_list.html

Guess I'll quote myself, cause I found the answer.

From http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141013&page=34

rename G01.mp3 "G01 - Main Theme - Star Fox.mp3"

rename G02.mp3 "G02 - Corneria - Star Fox.mp3"

rename G03.mp3 "G03 - Main Theme - Star Fox 64.mp3"

rename G04.mp3 "G04 - Area 6 - Star Fox 64.mp3"

rename G05.mp3 "G05 - Star Wolf's Theme - Star Fox 64.mp3"

rename G07.mp3 "G07 - Fortuna [Original] - Star Fox Assault.mp3"

rename G08.mp3 "G08 - Fichina [Original] - Star Fox Assault.mp3"

rename G09.mp3 "G09 - Star Wolf [Original] - Star Fox Assault.mp3"

rename G10.mp3 "G10 - Space Armada - Star Fox.mp3"

rename G11.mp3 "G11 - Area 6 - Star Fox 64.mp3"

Yay!

Well first of all, use uTorrent, that way you can see what songs you are downloading, and can pick which ones to download first.

I think im gonna put the entire soundtrack on my ipod touch and just listen to it for a week.

Edit: The Super Mario Water Music remix is incredible. And I didn't like the original as much as I liked the other Mario songs. This is probably awesome fighting music.

Edit 2: WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT ONE MORE MONTH!

This such an insane soundtrack, it's hard to complain, but....

Only 3 songs from F-Zero GX??! And they're not nearly the best ones either... and they didn't even use the Port Town song, even though there's a Port Town stage FROM F-ZERO GX... =/

I guess all those amazing F-Zero character themes aren't exactly "fighting" songs though. And, taking the best songs from GX's incredible soundtrack would seem a little... "selfish" of Brawl =P I own the game (F-Zero GX) and somehow I've never listened to Captain Falcon's theme (which is AMAZING) until just now. Now I'm off to listen to Dr. Stewart's theme for the billionth time =D

(For anyone who's never listened to this soundtrack, here's a taste: http://smashboards.com/fzero/music.php)

And I'm so glad that particular Metroid Fusion song is in... if it wasn't, I would have had to request it at the Freshly Baked ReMixer Challenge 2008!

314 tracks. 150 new rearrangements, 35 songs original to Brawl, 70 straight recorded copies, 30 songs lifted from Melee with few changes, 27 victory/unlocking ditties, and 2 blank files.

Not sure where you got 6 from.

"So far i've seen, about 6..."

"So far i've seen, about..."

"So far i've seen..."

"So far i've..."

"So far..."

Nice reading skills, assmunch. :<