Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

Generally I hear that the heavy power or defensive characters have gotten a huge boost in this, part due to character specific tweaks and part due to changes in the game itself like being a little slower all around etc.

Bowser will probably still kind of suffer from the same downfalls though, though when I tried him out he seemed a lot more solid and his new Piledriver move was awesome. Though you got Snake who has surprisingly incredible durability and very effective setup moves, a great recovery move, very little stun time, and other assorted tricks...Zelda who got a pretty noticable boost, Dedede who's a large power character type like Bowser but with stalling moves (pulling those Waddle Dees out of his ass etc), weaker but quicker moves with range, and fantastic recovery options since he can float like Kirby and do a big super jump too...and so on I do have to wonder what Bowser brings to the table aside from style and fun(which is maybe enough for most though. lol).

We'll just have to try him out. I have a feeling things are going to be a little different this time around in terms of who's used and strategies compared to Melee thanks to the Wi-Fi battling. Being able to practice with other great players any time at home I bet will make a huge difference.

I'm starting to hear talk of Snake having a so called "glitch" on his Cypher move where if someone grabs him when he's doing the move and cancels it, he can't do it again.

I don't know if it's a genuine glitch or paranoid gamers jumping the gun as usual yet but it's worth note.

I'm starting to hear talk of Snake having a so called "glitch" on his Cypher move where if someone grabs him when he's doing the move and cancels it, he can't do it again.

I don't know if it's a genuine glitch or paranoid gamers jumping the gun as usual yet but it's worth note.

thats not a glitch you can knock his copter off and make him unable to use it again

its a WEAKNESS

thats not a glitch you can knock his copter off and make him unable to use it again

its a WEAKNESS

The reason it's called a glitch is apparently because if he's knocked off the Cypher with regular hits of any sort he can just do it again right after no problem like anyone else with their recovery move. But if someone grabs him when he's doing his recovery in the air he can't, even if the move is input again.

I don't have any experience on this and even if it is true it sounds so situational that I think it's just silly drama to worry about it too much.

Just kidding about the whole Amsterdam thing. There's no substitute for Brawl, although I'm sure a trip to Amsterdam would be an 'enlightening' experience.

You do know you can do softdrugs anywhere in the netherlands right? Not just Amsterdam.

on topic,

How long does it typically take to complete SSE? Is it twice as long as Adventure mode from brawl? Longer?

And the bonuses (like smash artist, butterfingers etc) are they back?

You do know you can do softdrugs anywhere in the netherlands right? Not just Amsterdam.

on topic,

How long does it typically take to complete SSE? Is it twice as long as Adventure mode from brawl? Longer?

And the bonuses (like smash artist, butterfingers etc) are they back?

ive played subspace for 3 hours and am 30% done

some of that time has me leaving it paused but not a whole lot so yes it is long

and i cant read moonspeak so i have no idea what the bonuses are

It's paranoid gamers. At 2:11, he mistakenly uses the missle instead of the Cypher. 2:54, he DOES use the Cypher, but only after accidentally dropping a grenade. At the end he presses the wrong thing and ends up falling to his death. Just looks like the Snake player has slippery fingers, that's all. :wink:

its a WEAKNESS

Kind of wrong

If you attack him with just about any other move he can use the up b again pretty quickly and gain even more air with it. If you actually grab the robot he falls really fast and has a huge moment in time where he just can't use it, we tried it out today and it is FACT

So, crouching and walking at the same time (i.e. crawling) is still in the game, right? Is it actually useful for anything? What do Samus, Kirby, Metaknight, Dedede, and ROB look like when they crawl??

Not sure what the others look like, but there's footage on Youtube of Snake in SSE crawling. Naturally he looks the same as he does crawling in any other Metal Gear Solid title, but the fact remains that crawling's still in.