Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

I have a couple questions for those who have played Brawl already: how is Bowser? Is he a viable character now, or does he still suck? And how is Mario's water gun? I heard before that it was practically worthless in the demo and I'm wondering if they fixed that for the final release or not...

I have a couple questions for those who have played Brawl already: how is Bowser? Is he a viable character now, or does he still suck? And how is Mario's water gun? I heard before that it was practically worthless in the demo and I'm wondering if they fixed that for the final release or not...

YOU FREAKING IDIOT BOWSER DID NOT SUCK IN MELEE

he now DOES though because of the lack of the advanced techniques in melee, namely l canceling

without that ANY slow character sucks balls

fludd is worthless, completely worthless

YOU FREAKING IDIOT BOWSER DID NOT SUCK IN MELEE

he now DOES though because of the lack of the advanced techniques in melee, namely l canceling

without that ANY slow character sucks balls

fludd is worthless, completely worthless

Haha, no offense but I really don't think you can say that yet. The Melee tactics are gone but new ones will be discovered. I'm sure we'll see the tiers, once they're established, shift around quite a bit before finally settling like Melee's did.

Pardon my ignorance, I'm not at all a hardcore-smash player but I never thought that he was any good and I've never known anyone who did either; I just thought it was general knowledge that he sucked.

Anyone have any cool Melee Bowser videos showcasing him not sucking I could review? Not that I'm too lazy to look myself, it's just that all I can find are either "character X owns 3 bowsers!!1!!" or videos of a Bowser player beating some newb (hardly an amazing display of Bowser skill) and nothing of a genuinely good Bowser player actually doing well against another player who doesn't completely suck.

Pardon my ignorance, I'm not at all a hardcore-smash player but I never thought that he was any good and I've never known anyone who did either; I just thought it was general knowledge that he sucked.

Anyone have any cool Melee Bowser videos showcasing him not sucking I could review? Not that I'm too lazy to look myself, it's just that all I can find are either "character X owns 3 bowsers!!1!!" or videos of a Bowser player beating some newb (hardly an amazing display of Bowser skill) and nothing of a genuinely good Bowser player actually doing well against another player who doesn't completely suck.

also without l canceling itd be very difficult for characters like ganondorf or bowser to survive in brawl regardless of what new advanced techs are discovered

the lag with aerials kills them

Is it unreasonable to just avoid air combat in that case? The only problem I see with Bowser otherwise is how easy it is to combo him.

what made him so good in melee is that his aerials were much faster than his ground attacks

if youre gonna fight on ground only hes too slow and gets easily kod

Brawl isn't Melee though. I don't see why Bowser should have to rely on a tactic that made him good in Melee for him to be good in Brawl, especially when no one else can do it either.

What of his increased range and generally increased attack speed? From what I've read pretty much only his up B was nerfed while just about everything else was buffed.

Brawl isn't Melee though. I don't see why Bowser should have to rely on a tactic that made him good in Melee for him to be good in Brawl, especially when no one else can do it either.

What of his increased range and generally increased attack speed? From what I've read pretty much only his up B was nerfed while just about everything else was buffed.

his up b was also a huge part of why he was an awesome character

now there is no way he can stop faster characters from running circles around him

no ice climbers are not buffed they are nerfed since you cant desync them so their major attack tactic - grab combos - are gone

kirby is as youd expect

better than melee but not as good as 64

from my experience there dont seem to be any characters who are very overpowered, except maybe pit who can wall of pain extremely well and has one of the best recoveries ever, that he can ATTACK out of

Well, at least Kirby can actually fight then...

...although pretty much the only thing I did with Kirby in Melee was suicide the enemy. All it took was one misstep and BAM they're flying down with me and dying.

Only in multiplayer or when I was one stock ahead did I do that, though.

not necessarily

also another of bowsers STRONG attacks now SUCKS

his side b claw grab is now much weaker and can only be used to suicide really

the game is similar enough to melee that you can gauge how good someone is by comparing it to melee

all of you can speculate and say whatever crap you want but ive played it for upwards of 50-60 hours so far so i kinda have a good idea about who sucks so far

and kirby is PLAYABLE

they buffed his attacks a bit and the slower pace of the game makes him more effective

Okay, this Norfair remix is seventy kinds of awesome. Especially considering the source. What is with awesome remixes of this terrible song?

Here's one of the best Metroid remixes (and certainly THE best of this song) that I've heard: http://stuff.herograw.org/frustrating/neskimos+metroidnorfairtenementblues.mp3

Even the remix of that song in Zero Mission is one of the best songs in the game. The melody of the original is so bad, it leaves so much freedom for the remixer.

I can play a pretty good Bowser, here's me against a local Fox

Also, Arek you're wrong, IC are pretty god awful in Brawl, viable for worst in game, I know I've been playing them in Brawl

My local gamecrazy is having a midnight release.

Best bet is to check any game store around you and see what they are doing.

I find it funny that my local gamestop isn't having a midnight release yet others are.

Arek, from what I heard at my local Gamestop is that they have to have at least 60 pre-orders to have a midnight release.